Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Carlyle last weekend

Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Carlyle last weekend

Went down to Carlyle Sunday for my first bowfishing trip of 2011.Put in at 4 am.Had a good shoot under the lights.Everything worked too!Rich shot a bowfin.That was a first for him.We shot a few gar and bigheads too.We then took off the lights at dawn and got back after em'.We shot 17 buff's, three big ones,more gar,I missed a giant!,and bigheads around noon.I also shot a bowfin,a first for me.It was a good shoot.We gave all the buff's away and I cleaned the bigheads.2 bowfin about 4.5 lbs.,9 bigheads,8 over 10 lbs.,17 buff's plus gar.No real problems.I need to get a trolling motor batt.and repair my trailer wire harness.$155.00 in gas is what will keep me close to home this year.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry, what day were you there? My cousin Marty from St. Louis shot below the Dam on Saturday, he got 15 big heads and 15 buffalo by him self. I have never shot there at night.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Rich and I were there Sunday.Rich was there for a while on Saturday and went out with Marty for a pass or two.Here is a pic of Rich with his bowfin.
Attached Thumbnails Carlyle last weekend-rich.jpeg