Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

State Shoot

Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Johnny b
Hay Joe, speaking of little fibs, what about that grassie that you shot that pulled off. No one in our boat believed for a split second that you had shot it at the other end of the lake out in the middle. Especially with you coming out of the cove we had just shot all of ours. I was born at night but it was not last night. So it seems a lot of fibbs were being spread around.
Yea about 60 yards off main lake kinda coved but still main lake to me in a lil flooded spot of grass. And i said northern part across from skeeters i think it was just luck. Thing just sat there until we was bout 5 ft away. I was almost to shocked to shoot when i realized it wasnt a log. We actually had only been in that cove u was in for 2 hours or so max and only got some gar and 6 or so buffs with mising 20+. So i dont know how u shot 3 grassies and only 4 buffs out of there Actually my buddies was mad i told u where i seen it. I bet if i would have played it right and been smart we would have been in the middle of the lake by the time it was done. IM planing on going to that same spot and popping one. but wont get out during day for a while so who knows what lake will be like
Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the water dropping it will not be long when they will not be able to get in there. There was a bunch of them in there. We had another one 30 plus pull off and had several spook before we could get a shot. We had never been that far up and just happened upon the spot. sure wished we could have landed that one more grassie. When we passed you going in and we were going out, we had to empty our barrel as it was full. So when we seen you guys our barrel was empty.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

i have been in that spot alot...just not during day time. The water was extremely clear there i think from being blocked from wind. You just let boat drift without troller or sit still? Did they look alot longer when u shot them? then they kinda shorten up an belly goes out? Cause that one was i shot was about a foot longer but didnt seem to have the gut that ur big one did
Old 06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well after a week of waiting the state results were : 1st place Team Extreme, Alex Grable & Luke Whitkanack with 200.8 pounds. 2nd place The blue duce, Bill Kingore and John Borgers with 182.7 # and 3rd with 165.5 pounds was Toni Mattingly & Keith Brooks. Team blue duce shot 3 grass carp any of which would have won big fish, 35, 38 and a 41.4 dandy. There were 15 boats and 39 shooters. Water was really high 8 feet over normal pool but fish were to be had. over 1400 #'s of rough fish was removed from the lake and a special THANK YOU to DNR For fish disposal. The weather held out until the last minute and it did not rain until we were almost done. As usual Christine, Kendall, Deb, Louie and Rob get a big thank you for all the work. just sorry we did not get any of those crappie at the saturday evening fish fry. But we were busy shooting fish..
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering when you were gonna get these posted. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was waiting on you. did not want it to look like I was rubbing it in on beating ken and company. Would have looked better with a neutral post. But second place sure was sweet counting all the times we came in one place out of placing.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Johnny b
Well after a week of waiting the state results were : 1st place Team Extreme, Alex Grable & Luke Whitkanack with 200.8 pounds. 2nd place The blue duce, Bill Kingore and John Borgers with 182.7 # and 3rd with 165.5 pounds was Toni Mattingly & Keith Brooks. Team blue duce shot 3 grass carp any of which would have won big fish, 35, 38 and a 41.4 dandy. There were 15 boats and 39 shooters. Water was really high 8 feet over normal pool but fish were to be had. over 1400 #'s of rough fish was removed from the lake and a special THANK YOU to DNR For fish disposal. The weather held out until the last minute and it did not rain until we were almost done. As usual Christine, Kendall, Deb, Louie and Rob get a big thank you for all the work. just sorry we did not get any of those crappie at the saturday evening fish fry. But we were busy shooting fish..
Tracy Mattingly not Toni
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next time I see you, I am soooo calling you Toni.

...and not Tony either.