Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

State Shoot

Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

I like the trailering...I would like it during the day as well since thats when all those freaking monster boats are out putting up the 4ft waves. But last year they were not out yet at 11 but it was no fun getting back intime for the dinner.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

also whats up with the shad thing. is i always same every year or does that change? was it biggest shad during day last year or something?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

Yea, trailoring would be cool, because then I could just put in on the Wilborn ramp up north where I know all the clear water is ; )
Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Robster, we would be happy to use the crappie fillets. Do you have an extra fryer by chance?

The reason we won't do the trailering during the day is because there are other tournaments going on out of the other ramps. We need to just use the ramp we have a permit for while these tournaments are going on. At dark those tournaments will be over.

The shad was the bounty fish last year. It changes from year to year. We'll have another bounty fish this year. I think two years in a row it was a bowfin, which nobody ever shoots out of that lake. I don't have a designated prize for the bounty fish yet either. Hmmm.....
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Christine;
"I don't have a designated prize for the bounty fish yet either. Hmmm..... "
A free barrell of Carp
Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

i only shot one bowfin out of there and it was more towards river...is bounty fish always biggest of a certain species?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a guy who wants to shoot the tourney but needs a ride on a boat... (he's not a bad shot either).... He came with us to the Worlds Tournament last year....
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Joe, the bounty fish might be biggest or longest or shortest. Just depends. We have had it be the shortest gar before. Uncle Dave used to even make a shortest gar trophy. We don't have those this year but we do have plaques for 1st - 3rd places.

Barrel of dead carp. Nice one Deb! Remind me not to let you pick the prizes.

BTW, we do have fish disposal at the tournament so even tho' it's a big 20 tourny, you can shoot a boatload and not worry about what to do with them. There will be barrels on a flatbed trailer for you to put fish in.

.....and as a reminder to everyone, DO NOT put gar in the fish grinders. It clogs up the grinders and then the park staff will hunt you down and make you go into the gears and clean it out.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

those plaques are AWESOME...maybe i should trade in one of my shooters for these otehrs wanting to go that can hit fish LMAO hope they shot like i know they can since it counts now
Old 06-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
Joe, the bounty fish might be biggest or longest or shortest. Just depends. We have had it be the shortest gar before. Uncle Dave used to even make a shortest gar trophy. We don't have those this year but we do have plaques for 1st - 3rd places.

Barrel of dead carp. Nice one Deb! Remind me not to let you pick the prizes.

BTW, we do have fish disposal at the tournament so even tho' it's a big 20 tourny, you can shoot a boatload and not worry about what to do with them. There will be barrels on a flatbed trailer for you to put fish in.

.....and as a reminder to everyone, DO NOT put gar in the fish grinders. It clogs up the grinders and then the park staff will hunt you down and make you go into the gears and clean it out.
Christine;
Great Job on the plaques, They look awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.