Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

what bows U use

Old 05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of us when we shoot a fish do not have to lay the bow down and pull in the fish. We just reel it in and shoot another one. Joe does make a nice line guide I use it when shooting big heads.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by robow7
I know I'm becoming an old fart but feel there is something wrong when your arrow is longer than the bow, that just isn't right. Now...... the fish being longer than the bow is great.
Becoming?

Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Spike

My #1 bow is an early 70's 45 lb Bear Grizzly recurve. Shot my first on purpose double with it today, two 18+" commons, using a plain white shaft and a Sureshot point.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Spike

My wife quit shooting so I use her 45-60 Martin Bengal . super smooth draw
The pink sling and grips are long gone but its still sporting the pink and grey strings and cables .and yes I shoot it with the limbdriver on it I just load the spring on the arm a little more for the extra arrow weight . Shoots great . Also have 2 bears rigged out . One youth and a early 80's model also have a older pse as a backup bow .

Last edited by pure havoc; 05-28-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pure havoc
My wife quit shooting so I use her 45-60 Martin Bengal . super smooth draw
The pink sling and grips are long gone but its still sporting the pink and grey strings and cables .and yes I shoot it with the limbdriver on it I just load the spring on the arm a little more for the extra arrow weight . Shoots great . Also have 2 bears rigged out . One youth and a early 80's model also have a older pse as a backup bow .
AWWWWE ~ Come on Scott you need to be sporting the Pink Bling, You know I bet you look pretty in Pink
Hey by the way your boat is looking good.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Lady Forge
AWWWWE ~ Come on Scott you need to be sporting the Pink Bling, You know I bet you look pretty in Pink
Hey by the way your boat is looking good.
Why thanks , I get it finished up I will give ya a call to come out . gotta find someone that can put some new seals in my lower unit fairly quick . got anyone close that reasonable and quick ?