Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Slingbow advice needed

Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Spike

Default Slingbow advice needed

I know some of you have had experience with a slingbow. Was thinking of getting one, but afraid that after the newness wore off I would end up not using it much. I know of two manufactures, Chief aj and falcon archery. Anybody else make them? Should I get one? Probably will never replace my recurve.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seanf, I bought one a couple of years ago. I have yet to shoot a fish with it, does not seem to have much umph. I even got the more powerful tubes from the Chief. I would admit I have not given it a fair chance. If I had it to do over again I would keep my $40. Plus you have to ruin an arrow as you have to remove the knock for it to fit into the pocket.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seanf, I forgot to add I'LL sell you mine cheap.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Johnny I'll take that "ruined" arrow off yer hands.
I know a guy who'll fix it.

Sean, Christine got the same slingshot Johnny has. She had the less powerful bands. Since she has a tough time gripping the pouch and pulling it back.
At the Deer Classic he came out with a new version that has a nocking point so you can use a "normal" arrow and a D-loop so you can use a release.
I tried using C's slingshot at Carlyle. I hit fish but they pulled off. So none in the boat for me yet with the slingshot.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nahh, kendall i'll keep the arrow i do know how to glue a nock back on it. plus it has a penetrator shure shot tip and I know you use Muzzies.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

As K said.. the new bands let you keep the nock on and you can use a release if you want. A big improvement I think. (tho I first tried it with a thumb release... and well that didn't work out so well.. my fault, I let go of the release!! )

I think it's a fun thing to use. It won't replace my bow... but it's small and light and it adds a new angle to the challenge. (Johnny I heard about your misses on the Wabash.. so you don't need the additional challenge... Bam!! )

I think I'll really have fun with it when we take the canoes out. Shooting out of a canoe is a lot easier with a slingshot.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

If we're talking challange here, I want to know who is up for making and using an atlatl. Dates back before the bow and arrow.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Johnny b
... it has a penetrator shure shot tip ...
Oh that's why it was ruined...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

kendall your tough
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Wow harsh crowd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.