Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Carlyle on July 31st

Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Default Carlyle on July 31st

Who wants to meet up at Carlyle on Saturday, July 31st?

The Illinois Federation of Outdoor Resources (IFOR) is holding their youth camp on that weekend and they would like us to teach a bowfishing class again on Saturday afternoon. They also think it would be cool if we could shoot some bigheads in the morning so we can cook some up for the kids to try. (if you can shoot bigheads on Friday, we'll put them on ice for Saturday)

So, I need some fish shooters and a couple of folks to help the kids shoot bowfishing bows at the foam fish targets. The bowfishing class is only about an hour or so. It will be up at Coles Creek. It's easy, we just teach basic shooting form and aiming.

Anybody?
Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see anything on my calendar so I put you on it.

Unless I get a better offer.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

John and Christine...ill be there to help ya..any of you guys want to go on the river after words?...and for savin the bigheads il ltalk to my buddy and see if he wants to go o nthe river tht firdya..we put the hammer on them last time
Old 07-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Phil,

We are going to try bowfishing before the event and probably afterwards.

I don't know if Kendall will make it down there so I probably won't bring the pontoon boat. So we will have to hit up John or Jeff (the Shot n the Dark boat). Hopefully, we can get another boat or three down there.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

ill talk to my buddy i usually go with and see if he wants to hit the river....im lookin foward to seein ya there
Old 07-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Madam President, Not sure what that weekend will bring. My family from California will be here in town, we only get to see them once every two years. Plus I am going to be using up some of my leverage to try and get to Dave's drill and grill next weekend.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

i will be on the river that friday with my buddy....he said if you need more voulnteers to help hed be mroe then happy to help out
Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Spike

Count me in Christine - I'll see if I can maybe talk one or the other of the Rut brothers into coming along - but alas - you know me..the boatless one...IF I can grab some big heads for you on Friday - I'll ice 'em down here ; will that work for you?

Last edited by gretchensteele; 07-19-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks G!

Our plan is now to head down there on Friday. (K is going to skip work to shoot fish... He's that dedicated. )

If you have some biggies for the cause, icing them down would be great. I'm going to try and get some shot and cut up on Friday.

Phil, thanks to you and your buddy too. Can you bring your bows to the bowfishing class?

I hope the fish cooperate!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

will doo..see ya there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.