HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   bow help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/325446-bow-help.html)

jerry nicholson 07-05-2010 01:04 PM

bow help

Thinking of getting a new bow.Want smooth draw.I know some of you shoot Oneida.How do you like them?What about a hydro-strike pro?Thanks for the help.

deer_predator 07-05-2010 06:37 PM

Just can't beat the Osprey for the smooth draw!!

Johnny b 07-06-2010 11:32 AM

Sounds like Ken has not shot too many Oneida's. You cannot beat them for being able to snap shoot them and still have plenty of power to stick a fish. Must be some reason that they are so popular.

HNI_Christine 07-06-2010 12:16 PM

I love the draw of my oneida. Tho' I'm currently using my little TNT bow.

If you want to try a hydro-strike (original style) let me know. It can be arranged. ;)

carpsniper 07-06-2010 05:20 PM

Jerry, in the bowfishing world it's hard to beat an Oneida. (Unless you use a recurve...) ;) :D

jerry nicholson 07-07-2010 04:26 PM

Christine,I would like to shoot the hydro-strike sometime.The cams look the same on the pro.Are you going to Rice Lake again this summer?

HNI_Christine 07-07-2010 05:03 PM

I hope to get back out there again in the not so distant future. We taking your boat? ;)

Pm me your ph# so we can call you the next time we head out that way.

jerry nicholson 07-07-2010 07:19 PM

Christine, You my have a PM now.Oh ya, I got my new computer so no more upside-down pics.So everybody likes Oneida.Why?

Johnny b 07-08-2010 04:17 AM

They are smooth, if you arrow falls off and you dry fire it all that happens is the fish gets away. I am shooting an older one that sat in a guys garage for years and he gave it to me. I have shot it now for 5 years and have only changed the string a couple of times. Shooting it at 42 pounds which is actually a little heavy and shoot through almost everything. Shot a 15 pound grassie and two nice long nose yesterday and shot through both of them. You just have to watch the bottom limb when you are shooting. It cannot hit anything including you leg, other than being a little careful in that area they are hard to beat.

HNI_Christine 07-08-2010 01:11 PM

Oneida's have the nickname of 'nutcrackers'. Like JohnnyB said, watch that bottom limb. :s3:
(Obviously, I've never had experience with that... but I have smacked my thigh quite a few times.)

They're nice because they don't have the cables in the way like a regular compound, they draw smoothly and are easy to snap shoot.
They cost a bundle tho'.

I really like mine... but at their current cost, I wouldn't buy another one if I were in the market for a new bowfishing bow. (I'm a lefty and left handed Oneidas cost an extra $100.00) :mad1::mad1: