Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
little help with some bigheads in June and July >

little help with some bigheads in June and July

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

little help with some bigheads in June and July

Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default little help with some bigheads in June and July

Ok, here's the deal. A fellow that works for me (and a crew of one or two) will be sampling at least twice a week during June and early July, taking plankton tows and bighead carp gut contents. We want to spread it around, not hitting the same spot more than once. Each sample site will be sampled once during the daylight hours and once after dark, probably starting after 10PM. We only need 4 bigheads during the day and 4 at night, but we want to be able to get all of them, if at all possible. Sample sites will be continuously connected to the Missouri, Mississippi, or Illinois Rivers, preferably no more than half a mile from mainstem river. At the time sampled, we need them to be low or no current and contain substantial habitat over 6 foot deep. And of course, there needs to be bighead carp there. Looking for suggested places to sample, including suggested places to launch. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Can't help recommend areas... but you name the area and the dates... we can try to kill some bigheads for you.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

kaskasia river mayb