Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Volunteers needed! Women in the Outdoors/Kids Fishing Fair >

Volunteers needed! Women in the Outdoors/Kids Fishing Fair

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Volunteers needed! Women in the Outdoors/Kids Fishing Fair

Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Volunteers needed! Women in the Outdoors/Kids Fishing Fair

Alrighty everybody!

The Two Rivers Family Fishing Fair is coming up Fast. It will be on June 12th (Saturday) from 9am to about 4pm. This is the big kid's event where about 2000 kids show up to learn about all things fishing. Including bowfishing.

We'll have the stock tanks set up and our newest batch of mechanical swimming fish as targets.

We need fish wranglers and folks to instruct the kids on how to shoot. Just the basics. "Hold bow like this, string like this.... pull back, aim, shoot."

It goes by very fast but it's nice to have a big enough group to swap instructors out before they drop.

We usually try to get some bowfishing in after the event as the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers are right there. (the Illinois river is right across the street.... and when it floods... it's on both sides of the street.) There is a big dinner afterwards too.

Pictures from last year's Family Fishing Fair http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illi...air-fotos.html
------------------------------------

The other event we need volunteers for is the Clinton Lake Women In The Outdoors event.

It will be July 24th at Clinton Lake in Clinton, Illinois. 9am-11:30am. We'll be instructing basic archery skills and then take the women out on boats. We'll be at the West Access and launch from there.

We need volunteers with boats to take the ladies out. I put a maximum number of 10 WITO students so we won't need a huge fleet but more boats... better.

_______

Thanks!!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

No promises, but I'll see how my recovery goes. If I can go back to work in 3-4 weeks??, I should at least be able to make it out there. But I might not be able to stand around much.

Maybe I'll just join you at the picnic table.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Spike

looks like we have 3 boats to help out at the clinton womens outdoor event. gargone , helgar , and billys boat.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Spike

Hey Kendall and Christine i cant promise anything yet but i think a few of the BASI guys are planning on coming to help
Old 05-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default women of outdoors

as of now I will be able to provide my services and boat for the woman of the outdoors on july 24th.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Spike

i will be there, just let me know what i can do. i didnt know it was in clinton so....
Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Todd, sounds kind of like an ad for the 'Mendenhall ****** Service'.

Thanks Jarad, Todd, Mike and Bill!

John, you're welcome at the tent/table.

Red, let me know if you and some of your minions can make it! Appreciate it!

If anyone else can make the Two Rivers Fishing Fair, let me know. I need to turn in a list of volunteer names and how many lunches/beverages we'll need. If the river isn't flooded out like usual, we'll try to go shoot some fish afterwards.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

i think ill be there
Old 06-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Spike

Christine -
Barring any disasters,
Adam and I are planning on helping at the Family Fishing Fair - see you there!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Spike

christine
are we still doing the Clinton Lake Women In The Outdoors event
sat.july 24 ?
if we are we meet at the westside boat ramp. what time would you like us there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.