Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
May 22nd - State Bowfishing Championship >

May 22nd - State Bowfishing Championship

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

May 22nd - State Bowfishing Championship

Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowman15
Oh, and let Ken see them before the shoot cause it's the only chance he'll get to see any of them. Hahahaaa!
Wow ... I will invite you to the house so you can see what they look like on my wall after the shoot!....

BTW... You ever feel like this is a 2 man trash talking forum???
Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

I'm planning on getting whooped royally. In fact I'll be lucky if the boat even floats. Generator will probably die, and the fan will probably implode. Can I borrow someone's bow? Cuz I'll forget mine at home. Now that I think about it, I'm not feeling too good. Might have some H1N1 coming on.

Looking forward to beating, I mean seeing everyone this weekend!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mark S
I'm planning on getting whooped royally. In fact I'll be lucky if the boat even floats. Generator will probably die, and the fan will probably implode. Can I borrow someone's bow? Cuz I'll forget mine at home. Now that I think about it, I'm not feeling too good. Might have some H1N1 coming on.

Looking forward to beating, I mean seeing everyone this weekend!
LOL, I thought you were just practicing your speech for Sunday morning!...
Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Spike

Not to put a downer on the subject, but it needs to be said. Last friday, a guy I work with pre fished a tourney, and told me about a very bad boat accident. One boater was removed from water floating face down, with a bad head wound, condition still not good, but both are going to make it. He fishies there pretty often, and says due to the layout of the lake, it is actually pretty common for boats to wreck into each other, so please be extra careful. As a side note, if some of you boat the way you drive, you should take a class. At the Carlyle tourney, guys at the end of meeting, running to trucks, spinning tires, and going thru a 10mph park at 40-50 or so with people walking dogs, and kids playing...no excuse for that behavior. So, please be very careful, and have fun. The people who run these events do a fantastic job, and bowfishers need more like them!!! So, show them what a great bunch we are, and have a great event.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Safety can never be stressed enough. Shelbyville will probably be pretty close to 'normal' summer pool by Saturday but that's still 16' below what it was at during the last State Shoot.
This means there is less channel for the boats to run in and more sandbars and stumps to hit.

...as for Carlyle's drag racing out of the park... I can guarantee that we're going to stop that from happening again. There's a ton of planning that went into that event... but I didn't anticipate needing a pace car. grrrr...
Old 05-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll see y'all there in the morning...
Old 05-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deer_predator
Wow ... I will invite you to the house so you can see what they look like on my wall after the shoot!....

BTW... You ever feel like this is a 2 man trash talking forum???

Yes. LMAO!!

Good to see you again buddy.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir...it was a blast....I may not have one of the plaqes but I do have some dead presidents if you would like to see on my wall.....LOL