HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   6th Place at Carlyle (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/322654-6th-place-carlyle.html)

jmbuckhunter 05-02-2010 05:10 PM

6th Place at Carlyle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ended up in 6th place out of 18 boats at my first bowfishing tournement. The tournament was put on by The Illinois Bowfishers at Carlyle Lake Saturday. We weighed in 59.6 pounds with 5 gar, 5 carp, and 1 buffalo. (You could only weigh 5 of each) The gar were easy, they were all over the bank spawning. The carp and buffalo were out just far enough to make them hard to spot in the murky water (it stormed Friday night). We mostly saw their wakes when they took off or the mud swirls from their activity. I think only one boat weighed 15 fish.

My rig. Notice the missing railing? That's where Phill my partner went overboard when we hit a stump crossing a cove.:( Sorry about your phone Phil.

Our barrel to weigh.

The rest of our fish, lots of gar. (about 30 in all)

Line up for the weigh in.

i_bowfish93 05-02-2010 06:20 PM

hey jm, went out today...no bufs killed a bunch more gar and shot 5carp but my arrow pulled out of 2..its alright...the water felt nice....waders...NEVER try to swim in the msuckers..its hard

HNI_Christine 05-02-2010 06:59 PM

Did you get your railing back John?

Phil, thanks for guiding JM. ;)

deadINTHEwater 05-02-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine (Post 3621239)

Do you know when the pictures from the tournament will be up?

jmbuckhunter 05-03-2010 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine (Post 3621239)

Yes I got the railing back, the foam padding made it float.

gretchensteele 05-03-2010 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by deadINTHEwater (Post 3621250)
Do you know when the pictures from the tournament will be up?

I'm getting ready to post the kids winners now... next will be the adults...
then I must be honest - it will be a few days before ALL the images from the tournament will be on my web site..
C'mon guys.. fish are spawning all over creation - you can't really expect me to chain myself to this computer instead of fishing now can you??? LOL :s4::happy0157:

THANKS SO MUCH!!! For having me along for all the fun - it was one of my best days in the outdoors!

i_bowfish93 05-03-2010 05:14 PM

well guys and gals....me and my buddy put a hurtin on the gar tonight...killed 40 some odd gar in just 2hours

jmbuckhunter 05-04-2010 03:05 AM

Nice shooting Phil. :rock:
They must really be stacked up in the shallows now. Seeing any more buff or carp out there or are they still out a little ways?

i_bowfish93 05-04-2010 07:28 PM

havnt seen many carp..killed a few the other day but killed 10gar tonight...no buffs in sight..the lake came up a little bit