Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

henkels carlyle tourny

Old 04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default henkels carlyle tourny

Just curious if anyone went to the tournament and how did it turn out??? PICS PLEASE
Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Spike

It was very tough fishing windy rainy and cloudy. There were only 9 boats. My team won with 5 carp at 37 pounds. We only shot 6 fish all day and i beleive we shot more than any other team. Shot alot of fish thurday and friday but they all but dissapeared on saturday.

first place:Tyler Michael(me) Daren Larkin Steve-o langenfeld

second place: Travis Michael Zach Martinez terry martinez

third place: Matt Pryor ??? ???

Last edited by tmichael; 04-25-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah i was watching the weather pretty close earlier in the week hoping that it would be a nice day for bowfishing but didnt pan out that way. We had a few tornados touch down a few miles from my house. I was wanting to go but now im glad I didnt. This weekend may be about the same results. Gunna rain all weekend. Well as long as everyone got back to the weigh in safe and with some fish is all that matters.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Henkel's Carlyle Tournament

Talked to Steve Henkel this morning. Was a tough tournament. He was expecting 20 boats but the weather turned all but the die hards backs. The nine teams that showed up all wanted to shoot. Rain, wind and 4 foot waves made for a tough tournament. He said most guys went all the way north to the river to get out of the wind and waves. No incidents concidering the weather. And yes only a few fish where shot. The lake he said is low and you could see fish but you just couldn't get to them and trying to get out of the boat and wade to them was impossible as the mud was waist deep.

The long range weather forecast, he says, is Sunny for Saturday so maybe round 2 this weekend will be better. Plenty of room in the fish hole for this weekend.

Dave R
Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the report and congrats on the win!

Kyle... it's only 40% chance of rain on Saturday. What kind of Death Dealer is afraid of the rain anyhow?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure hoping that the weather man is wrong. I am planing on bringing MR. Extreme to the youth shoot on Saturday. If the weather lets us come we will be camping over night. Other wise we would have to get up at 2am to be down there and ready to go by 8am. Hope to see ya all this weekend.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Im not afraid of the rain but I just dont like getting out and not shooting fish with all the effort of getting the boat out and everything ready. I have seen several different reports. The weather man needs to find a different job cause he sucks at predicting the weather. I hope its good shooting weather for the classic.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

Its not the 40% chance of rain, its the 5 mile per hour wind that creates 4 foot rollers on Carlyle ok, ok, maybe it takes an 8 mph wind for 4 footers there . Just need to watch the forecast for wind.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Spike

Overcast skys and wind is the reason I didnt go last weekend. The chop on the water with no bright sun makes finding fish during the day almost impossible.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

talked to steve just the other dya...37lbs was the winning weight...water was rough..raining and stormy..didnt go ot the tourny but live mintues from the lake and it was bad..