Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Carp and Buff

Old 04-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Carp and Buff

I found some carp and buffalo trapped in a shallow pool that got cut off when the river went down. It's about 5-6 acres and 3 ft deep at the most. I could see them swimming as I drove by, so I had to check it out. I got 7 total with the biggest weighing in at 7 1/2 pounds. They are getting active in the flood waters now that it warmed up.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Good job!

I'm really going through withdrawl...
Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Good job! Buff look kind of skinny. Is that pretty typical for your area? Buffs are getting skinnier these days, according to the data, probably because of competition with the Asians. Could be these were not eating well, if they had been trapped up there long
Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay Kyle, dont forget to post you fish in the fish count. We want to do better than last year.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by carptracker View Post
Good job! Buff look kind of skinny. Is that pretty typical for your area? Buffs are getting skinnier these days, according to the data, probably because of competition with the Asians. Could be these were not eating well, if they had been trapped up there long
Yep these were trapped in a few acre shallow pool in a field. Probably not a lot to eat there