Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

headed to rend

Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

well rend wasnt near as good as i fiugred. took off from ina ramp and the new prop was at the wrong pitch, wich i figured because there realy isnt a way to set it except run it. changed it and in doing so the genny quit. well the pitch still wasnt right. went back to the ramp and sent luke after carb cleaner for the genny at 10pm. wich he wasnt able to find. cleaned it with penetrating oil and now it runs good!! took off again with the motor still not coming up to rpm. ends up it will run at speed from the front throttle but not the back throttle. finaly ran over to the honey hole with disapointing results. very windy/ muddy. high winds and airboats dont go well together. it works your but off to drive it with the back of the boat so much bigger/higher than the front. finaly gave up there and ran over to a spot outa the wind. there was some fish there but not many. finaly shot it out in about 3 hrs. ended up with 90-100 fish. 1 guy wasnt counting his... wish i could go this weekend but no such luck. gota ton of work to do on the boat still..... again. worked on it all day friday and saturday. redone throttles, changed radiator to a bigger one (it was leakin) and runnin hot, changed tire, fixed lights. still gota fix fuel gauge, change oil, change thermostat, flush motor and add antifreeze and work on the throttle more
all this after workin on it all winter.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by slim23
finaly shot it out in about 3 hrs. ended up with 90-100 fish. 1 guy wasnt counting his....
I dont understand how the count couldnt be confirmed if you all were putting the fish in a barrel...........................you were puttin em in a barrel werent you????????????????????????
Old 04-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

we were counting them when we took them out of the tubs not when we were putting them in the boat. and we werent going to pick them up and recount them just for some trivial number.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Spike

Oh I gottcha Joe, I thought thats strange, but knwe there was an explaination
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by slim23
well rend wasnt near as good as i fiugred. took off from ina ramp and the new prop was at the wrong pitch, wich i figured because there realy isnt a way to set it except run it. changed it and in doing so the genny quit. well the pitch still wasnt right. went back to the ramp and sent luke after carb cleaner for the genny at 10pm. wich he wasnt able to find. cleaned it with penetrating oil and now it runs good!! took off again with the motor still not coming up to rpm. ends up it will run at speed from the front throttle but not the back throttle. finaly ran over to the honey hole with disapointing results. very windy/ muddy. high winds and airboats dont go well together. it works your but off to drive it with the back of the boat so much bigger/higher than the front. finaly gave up there and ran over to a spot outa the wind. there was some fish there but not many. finaly shot it out in about 3 hrs. ended up with 90-100 fish. 1 guy wasnt counting his... wish i could go this weekend but no such luck. gota ton of work to do on the boat still..... again. worked on it all day friday and saturday. redone throttles, changed radiator to a bigger one (it was leakin) and runnin hot, changed tire, fixed lights. still gota fix fuel gauge, change oil, change thermostat, flush motor and add antifreeze and work on the throttle more
all this after workin on it all winter.
my bad joe!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chasebaker
my bad joe!
LOL