Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Mid March report

Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

dont listen to karter.... he is that blind hog still looking for acorns.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Spike

OK, everyone, Scribe likes to be called "peck", like the midget in the old movie Willow.
"PECK PECK PECK " HEH HEH HEH
Old 03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Spike

Went to several locations Friday, not one. Sat morning, the same, cold water.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

I just got a text that some of the guys over by Rend got into quite a few gar last night.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to check out a different boat ramp today, so I could try a new spot this week when it warms up. The road is flooded getting there.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Visibility on Lake Mermet (near Metropolis, IL) is reported to be 1.5 - 2 feet. Should be good bowfishing there (if not now, very soon).
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Spike

Shot first fish of the year. Drove down to a central Il. river backwater area last evening and notice some large fish swimming in the warming water near shore. Not sure what they where, grey with small white mouths, maybe buffalo? and one bighead about ten yards from shore. Did not have my bow. Went back today at eleven and shot one large silver carp. The waters had not warmed enough by eleven and may go back later this afternoon and see if more move into the warming shallows. Do you think the fish I saw last evening where buffalos? Don't think they where silvers.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could be Buffs. When are you going back? I was wanting to get down to Banner this week.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Spike

Went back at 3;00 today saw some 12" silvers , two big fish just out of range-not sure what they were. and missed a softball bat size gar. I bet by this weekend more fish will be in the backwaters of the il. river. I am still a rookie although have been bowfishing for ten years off and on. Not too serious in the past, but last year it got in my blood!!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess this would technically classify as a late March report.

I walked a few flooded roads and ditches tonight around HWY 94 near West Alton, MO. I did stick one small gar, but he managed to slither back into the water after I got him off the arrow. There were a few carp and buffalo working the road ditches, but they were hard to see in the shadows and pretty spooky too. Didn't connect on any of those.

A couple of guys drove by late and told me another spot to try with good numbers of fish in a flooded field. I'm headed that direction after work tomorrow. I hope the water doesn't fall too much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.