HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Pontoon boat tear down and rebuild (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/319511-pontoon-boat-tear-down-rebuild.html)

HNI_Christine 03-13-2010 10:51 AM

Pontoon boat tear down and rebuild

Anyhow, as some of you already know. The Central Illinois Rough Fish Unit (CIRFCU) is slated to become a Fan-toon.

A new Kawasaki 28 hp motor is in the garage. Three composite fan blades also reside in the garage. Not much going on with them yet... other than they are now out of the box.

First part of the project is for a new deck (the old one was actually pretty sound but K figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and replace it).

Another goal is to put a raised deck on the front of the pontoon. This will help sight fish in the daytime and it should provide some storage area too.

Hopefully, that stuff will be done quickly and we can get to the fan set up.

Anyhow.. here are some pictures. I'll update them as the work progresses.

First old pictures of the the CIRFCU.

Current pics.
All the railings and whatnot off.

Taking off the deck.

That is all for now. Don't shoot all the fish before we can get the boat back together. :)

1Shot2Kills 03-13-2010 10:57 AM

Looking good, but as an Illinois angler I can't guarantee the safety of any fish. ;)

jmbuckhunter 03-13-2010 12:46 PM

You got a good start! Hurry up warmer weather is coming.

I've been out in the garage putting on lights, troller and rubber matting on the deck most of the day myself. I'm done for the day.

scribe917k 03-14-2010 01:02 PM

im doing some work to my boat as well buts its just getting it ready for the season no major changes. The death dealer will be ready to go next week!!!

Looks good though. How fast have you estimated the fan will push that big ole led sled?

deer_predator 03-14-2010 05:45 PM

I think I need some Zoloft or Zanex...or something...My emotions are all over the place. Just looking at the CIRFCU decomissioned just kills me.....Gonna have to give me a ride on the new fan toon when it's done Kendall....Yea, I think that will make me feel a little better....LOL

irydhard 03-15-2010 03:24 PM

Wow total rebuild . If you need an extra hand let me know

carpsniper 03-15-2010 07:06 PM

Thanks Tracy. I appreciate it.

I could really use a hand that has a wallet in it. :s4:

deer_predator 03-16-2010 08:55 AM

I have a troller if you need one K....LOL

irydhard 03-21-2010 01:42 PM

Ok we need an update hows that fish killer coming ?:sheep:

carpsniper 03-21-2010 02:05 PM

Well we are at a bit of a stand still right now due to temperature. I picked up the decking Friday and started priming it to put on the boat. But it's too cold to continue priming. :(

The stand base is underway and may be done by Tuesday. I hope. Once I get it done I can start to attach the decking.
Also the Fan shroud should be done soon as well. I have to make another plate to offset the shroud from the plate I made to attach it to the motor.

Once that's done I have to start on the post that allows the motor to swivel. That should be interesting. Oh if I just had about three days to run amok in the shop at work. :bash: