Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Pontoon boat tear down and rebuild >

Pontoon boat tear down and rebuild

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Pontoon boat tear down and rebuild

Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Couple more pictures.

Base of stand:

Working on fan shroud:
Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Machining the fan swiveling doodad thingamabob.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
Machining the fan swiveling doodad thingamabob.

You use way too technical of terms for me!! But I do recognise a lathe and a roller bearing in those pics.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I'm not much good with the machiney partsy stuff.

I sort of recognize that as a lathe. I definitely recognize those larval-stage Slinkies laying around at the bottom of the lathe.

K brings those home on his clothes every now and then. I'm good at finding them with my bare feet.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

I still can't see why you are going to all this trouble and $, since everyone knows, it won't help you get on more fish
Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Well, so far, it's not only not helped us.... but it's down right hurting our fish count.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by robow7
I still can't see why you are going to all this trouble and $, since everyone knows, it won't help you get on more fish
Well for me, it's about the time...
when I took a friend out and hit a branch with the troller prop, broke one blade off, no spare, and ended up push poling a pontoon boat with 4 people all night...
Or the time we were taking a newbie out and put the troller down just to find out it wouldn't run...
Or the time we were taking someone out for a trip we'd donated to a charity auction and the troller burnt up 15 minutes into the trip and I got to change out the troller at the ramp...
Or one of the many times where the troller quit when the fishing was getting good...

...that's why I'm going to this trouble...

That and the fact that the troller is the current limiting factor of how shallow my boat can go. So that some of the flats that we fish now won't be one pass and done because the troller prop has murked it up.

On the downside, many of the spots we like to fish are now unreachable because of the fan. But that's the trade off.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well last night I got the post finished that swivels the fan. The main part of the base is done with the exception of drilling the mounting holes. The shroud is finished.
This morning I put it all together as a trial fit and everything looked how I wanted...soooo after a bit of grinding on the welds I didn't make, I waited for it to warm up a bit and I started to paint. It seems that it's too much to ask for a few days of warm dry weather with winds below 20mph???
If the rain will hold off for a bit I can start to put the deck on and paint it.

And no I didn't take any pictures.

Just use your imagination of me holding either a spray can or a roller!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Kendall: Posting at 03:35?! Insomnia?

Great work on the fan.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking good K....Let me know if you need any help, now that I am back from paradise that is...LOL....BTW it looks like the rest of the week is gonna be the weather you are looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.