Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Obama to Ban Recreational Fishing >

Obama to Ban Recreational Fishing

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Obama to Ban Recreational Fishing

Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

We shouldn't kid ourselves. Anti's have lots of money and are very well organized!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HunterOpel
It will never happen, Fishing in the USA is a 500 billion dollar a year business, alot goes to the goverment from taxes and licensing, someone just blowing smoke out there ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by bowman15
I absolutely agree with you Pikehook. That enough people are even considering something like this is terifying. But I believe they know exactly what they're doing to us. They know exactly the consequences. You can't think up something like this without that being thought of. There's no way in hell that didn't come into consideration. They're crippling us.
I gotta disagree with two things here... One is that I really don't think these p e o p l e actually consider the impact of their actions... (ie; cilvilian court trials for acts of war) That and the fact that any tax revenue lost from fishing will just be added into other taxes else where.
They don't know or care about the consequences. At least not the ones WE are talking about. Their agenda has little or nothing to do with us fishing. Take that to the bank. (quickly because it's about to be federalized)

Like Jerry said, Don't kid yourselves. They did a stimulus that did not stimulate. They want to make fossil fuel energy to expensive to buy so that you'll buy the energy they own. They're trying to fix health care by ruining health insurance.
They have no idea that this might cause a problem because it would not be a problem for them.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Wow. I heard about this earlier and have been pretty pissed ever since. seems like more and more rights are not taken but slight of handed away each day. This guy is really transforming this country, not in a good way. I think they know exactly what they are doing...... but can they really ban fishing. Instead of tea partys we would have fishing partys. Or well at least I would. I would break the law every day. What would be the punishment for fishing? A fine or some jail time..... Prisons are over crowded as it is.... I just dont understand but I havent really understood anything this new president has done.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to read these new 'environmental rules' before I could comment.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not buying that at all. Typically, "environmental groups" are not against recreational fishing either. Hogwash. See this page, where the editor apologizes for not properly labeling the piece as opinion. http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/s...eve&id=4982359

It is pretty tough for me to even figure out what the Robert (yeah, I know the guy) is even talking about in the original ESPN linked article, but it appears to be about the push by some groups to have certain areas closed to fishing as fish sanctuaries. The idea is actually to make fishing better overall, by providing sanctuaries for fish to spawn and for genetic reasons so that fish don't become smaller as a result of fishing. But I have never heard of this strategy being touted as a potential for any freshwater area. Loco. Sounds like Bob went off the deep end on this one. Rest assured there is no push on by Obama or any of these groups except the petards to ban recreational fishing.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The sad fact is there are still people who would vote for him again.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default rational analysis

http://www.examiner.com/x-37128-Char...to-ban-fishing