Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Need your input on the Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill >

Need your input on the Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Need your input on the Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill

Old 02-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Need your input on the Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill

Hey bowfishers,
I would like your thoughts on the upcoming 2010 Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill shoot down at Lake Shelbyville. This is our longest running event for the organization and would like to see it continue successfully. Traditionally, it has always been held the 2nd weekend in September but wonder if more people would like to see it moved up into the month of August? The past couple of years we have had the season ending Poole shoot on Clinton Lake in September as well and so I'm trying to balance the schedule out. It will be of a mystery format but should be fair to all, fan boats, trollers, and even the adventurous wader. I'm hoping you will lend your thoughts as to what and when you would like to see for this shoot. Thanks again for your input.
The Robster
Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by robow7
Hey bowfishers,
I would like your thoughts on the upcoming 2010 Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill shoot down at Lake Shelbyville. This is our longest running event for the organization and would like to see it continue successfully. Traditionally, it has always been held the 2nd weekend in September but wonder if more people would like to see it moved up into the month of August? The past couple of years we have had the season ending Poole shoot on Clinton Lake in September as well and so I'm trying to balance the schedule out. It will be of a mystery format but should be fair to all, fan boats, trollers, and even the adventurous wader. I'm hoping you will lend your thoughts as to what and when you would like to see for this shoot. Thanks again for your input.
The Robster
IMO as long as it doesn't interfere with any of the other shoots, August sounds good to me.

As far as format, I would like to see a numbers format with side pots for big and small ???? whatever. (buff, common, gar, ect.)
Old 02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My input is to keep it in Sept. It's a tradition now. Don't mess with tradition.
One thing I've noticed from the successful events (of all types), is to make the dates so you can count on them. That way people come to know (and count on, and schedule around) dates like the third weekend in April.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by carpsniper
My input is to keep it in Sept. It's a tradition now. Don't mess with tradition.
One thing I've noticed from the successful events (of all types), is to make the dates so you can count on them. That way people come to know (and count on, and schedule around) dates like the third weekend in April.
I say dont be afraid to change it up a bit. I am off every other weekend, so if a tourney falls on a particular weekend and I am working, and it is the same week every year I never get to participate.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

The Rough Fish Round Up will probably be sometime in August on Shelbyville. (not that we couldn't have the drill and grill at the same time)

Whatever date you pick will probably be in conflict with something.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Judd likes September - I visit my daughter in Champaign on the way down.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

august is good . all us deer hunters are pretty busy in september