Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

bad reporter, bad arm

Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default bad reporter, bad arm

If you have seen the quotes attributed to me in the Detroit Free Press today, don't believe half of them. They apparently attributed comments from some person who is not me to me, and also included some real quotes. They even gave me two completely different affiliations, and the stuff with the incorrect affiliation is also incorrect factually. But overall, the article misses the point. I won't be giving Ms. Lam another interview.

Also, going in the hospital Thursday to see if they can release the pressure on the nerves that control my right arm. I've lost nearly all use of my deltoids, plus some other loss. They don't know if I will get it back or not, so that really, really sucks. No more bowfishing for me if I can't get the arm back. I'll be on my back for a while, it seems. They say maybe a week or more. I don't have time for this carp.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks. (on both)

Prayers for a fast and complete recovery.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope most reporteres are better about having their sources and quotes in order than the one you ran into.

I hope they can give you some relief in the arm department.
Um, can you still fillet silvers with your other hand ?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Bummer about the misquotes and especially about the arm I sure hope the surgery fixes it completely. Prayers out to you for good results!

BTW, we ate the grass carp that you filleted in the impromptu @ a gas station, cooler balanced on the trailer tongue setting.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

How did the surgery go? We're hoping for a full recovery.
It's OK if the recovery gets stretched out to take full advantage of the (extra) pampering your family will give you.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Surgery went real well. Anybody need a very, very, good neurosurgeon, I can give you a lead on one. I got almost full mobility back the very next day, and even the other surgeons and doctors are remarking on how little pain and how small the incision is. Nurses are in awe of the man, which is the best reference you can get. But I am still weak as a kitten. Might take 6 weeks to begin to get strength back, possibly won't ever get all or most of it back, but prognosis is good.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
Bummer about the misquotes and especially about the arm I sure hope the surgery fixes it completely. Prayers out to you for good results!

BTW, we ate the grass carp that you filleted in the impromptu @ a gas station, cooler balanced on the trailer tongue setting.

Did you like the grass carp? That was a unique spot to filet fish, I must admit, right in front of the pumps. Leastways there was plenty of light. I expected them to come and run us off, but the employees barely looked at us. Must happen all the time in Havana. Gets that good aroma of hydrocarbons in the fish!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it was quite good. Only a hint of Benzene.

"...expected them to come and run us off, but the employees barely looked at us. Must happen all the time in Havana."
LOL I would imagine it is a fairly regular occurence.

Glad to hear the good news about your arm.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's fantastic news Duane!
Glad you got a good surgeon on the first try.

I will actualy take you up on the referral. I have a long time friend in Southern IL who is having some terrible neck pain from disc probs. Surgery once already, but came back.
Email or PM.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bulzeye
That's fantastic news Duane!
Glad you got a good surgeon on the first try.

I will actualy take you up on the referral. I have a long time friend in Southern IL who is having some terrible neck pain from disc probs. Surgery once already, but came back.
Email or PM.

Thanks,
Chris
PM sent.

P.S. Couldn't help but notice the spinal surgery adds coming up on this web site now. Funny!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.