Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Banquet-1/30/10

Old 12-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Banquet-1/30/10

Well Boy's and Girls the work is out. Our 2009 Bowfishing banquet is going to be on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:30 pm in Bloomington. That is the same weekend as the Fin And Feather sports show. Considering that several of members will be there already. It is our hope that as many paid members will be able to attend. The club is going to pick up the tab on all paid members who come to the dinner. Of course we will need to RSVP so we can make the necessary arrangements. We will have a business meeting, election of officers, Award team of the year and bowfisher of the year awards. Please bring any pictures or funny stories for entertainment. Non-members, spouses are welcome but will have to pay their on way. Of course living in Illinois in the winter time this is all subject to the weather.

The location, time and date has been determined. Location is the new SELECT ARCHERY & OUTDOOR SUPPLY, INC. AT 474 WYLIE St. Normal, IL. Time will be 7:30 PM. DATE- January 30, 2010. Bring your bow's as we will have the indoor range available for our use. I'm sure there is a challenge in there some where. Please let us know if you ARE planning on attending as we need to know how many to prepare for...See ya. We are looking forward to a good turn out.

Last edited by HNI_Christine; 12-29-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: to add location details
Old 12-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

McDonalds.. LOL.

There is no Ryan's or Hometown Buffet in Bloomington/Normal. We're still looking for a place.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a pizza/pasta/salad/soup/chicken buffet right next to the Interstate Center. It's called Italia's. I've never been in there so I don't know how much room is in there... but it's an option.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check it out and let us know...thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:54 AM
Spike

will you be setting the tourney schedule then?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Yes. We have the dates for the Billy Davis (third weekend in April) and the State Championship (second weekend in June). But we need dates for the Carlyle Classic, Drill and Grill, and others.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey! somebody's been hijacking my login! LOL

Slewie, The Billy Davis Memorial will be April 17th and 18th and the Illinois State Championship will be June 12th and 13th. There are few that we'll just have to wait on the folks who put them on like the Shelbyville "Rough Fish Round-up", "Poole Shoot" and the "Coveted Brass Carp Cup".

Johnny, There are many choices depending on how far folks are willing to drive as most are on the other side of town.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
Yes. We have the dates for the Billy Davis (third weekend in April) and the State Championship (second weekend in June). But we need dates for the Carlyle Classic, Drill and Grill, and others.

Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill, normally 2 nd weekend of September or aka the weekend after Labor Day

I hope to make it to the banquet if possible, can't wait for that Big Mac made with two fish patties and special sauce.

Last edited by robow7; 12-23-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

After the folks drive all the way to Bloomington, having to drive across town for a decent place to have fish sandwich, should be no problem. I guess I need to start shaking the bushes to find a new place for the 'brass carp shoot.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well for the well informed and inquiring minds. The location, time and date has been determined. Location is the new SELECT ARCHERY & OUTDOOR SUPPLY, INC. AT 474 WYLIE St. Normal, IL. Time will be 7:30 PM. DATE- January 30, 2010. We will be feasting on Kendalls favorite Pizza, he assures me that he knows the best to be had in those parts. As stated before the club will be picking up the tab on paid members. Bring you bow's as we will have the indoor range available for our use. I'm sure there is a challenge in there some where. Please let us know if you ARE planning on attending as we need to know how many to prepare for...See ya. We are looking forward to a good turn out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.