Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Carp cleaning now on youtube

Youtube video is up now.

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-fmA07gZ8

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhGkj...eature=related

Danged if I know where part 1 is, I assume it is not up yet.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1NVUV8yhmU
Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, what a nice job. Excellent production. I'm going to bookmark that one so I have next season. Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Spike

I would have no problem with eating them but it sure looks like a lot of trouble getting them ready for cooking. I would not want to have a wash tub full to start on!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BillRK
I would have no problem with eating them but it sure looks like a lot of trouble getting them ready for cooking. I would not want to have a wash tub full to start on!
I bet I can make a bigger pile of meat in the same amount of time as you can do with bluegill and crappie. Probably a lot bigger. When I am going good, it takes me about 5 minutes to make about 2.5 pounds of boneless filets, starting with 10 pound fish. I rarely clean anything much under that. No problem getting them, either.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Duane, one thing I found, as you so nicely pointed out, is that the meat is much better if I remove the fillets (skin attached) and throw on ice almost immediately and finish skinning and de-boning later. Again, what a nice instructional video, well produced with the neat graphics.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

My son did those bone animations. He and a partner placed first place in a state contest for high schoolers doing animations (not with this animation). He is now a sophomore working toward a degree in computer animation.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

EDIT:

Duane, you should be quite proud of your son's work. If you would allow me your permission, I can download the YouTube video and produce DVD copies for our organization so we might hand them out at our various events. It would be nice to be able to watch while cleaning the fish and yet can't get an online feed.

Last edited by robow7; 12-09-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by robow7
EDIT:

Duane, you should be quite proud of your son's work. If you would allow me your permission, I can download the YouTube video and produce DVD copies for our organization so we might hand them out at our various events. It would be nice to be able to watch while cleaning the fish and yet can't get an online feed.
Robow - you are free to download and make copies, but I think you can might be able to get free DVD copies with higher resolution from the Illinois Natural History Survey. email me and I will send you a contact to ask.