HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Boat plans ??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/310958-boat-plans.html)

carpsniper 11-27-2009 03:21 PM

Boat plans ???

So what does everyone have planned this year for upgrades to their boats?
What are you going to change? Who is going to have a new boat?

Johnny b 11-28-2009 03:47 PM

No boat plans other than trying to use mine more. Tyler (mr. extreme) and I did our last bowfishing trip of the year this afternoon. Went down to Georgetown lake. Not a fish to be seen, did get to run the motor and run the carberator dry. Headed to storage this week. bummer.

carpsniper 11-28-2009 04:24 PM

Bummer about the lack of fish...I'm having it even worse with a lack of fishing. LOL

I've started taking the railings and lights off. Tomorrow the troller comes off.
I'll be repacing the deck and adding a raised platform and a fan.
I'm looking at some other changes too, but we'll just have to see how they look to see if they become a permanant part of the boat.

deer_predator 11-29-2009 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by carpsniper (Post 3513324)
So what does everyone have planned this year for upgrades to their boats?
What are you going to change? Who is going to have a new boat?

I am supposed to drop the "cane" steering troller for a hand controller .....Don't know when "that guy" I am supposed to buy it from will get it off of his boat....:rolleyes:

No hurry to "that guy" though....don't plan on going out anytime soon...:cool2:

Mark S 01-03-2010 07:03 PM

Looks like I'm going to build "Blown Woody". The wife said okay to an airboat, time to go all out...

Johnny b 01-04-2010 02:51 PM

Wow, Cant wait to see this one. You are amaizing with what you and Steve can do with wood...

slim23 01-05-2010 04:21 PM

hopefuly keep my airboat running all year!!!!!!
wait thats impossible.....
new prop, exhaust, starter, seat covers, and hopefuly aluminum heads.
plan on puttin back a few $K so i can help keep up with repairs.
so far its laid down on me 4th of july both years. this year maybee august!!!!

robow7 01-09-2010 12:31 PM

Why is everyone going to the fans???? I mean it doesn't give one an advantage over the standard trolling motors,...... or so all the guys with fans have been telling me?? :confused0024:

:s2:

carpsniper 01-10-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by robow7 (Post 3551253)
Why is everyone going to the fans???? I mean it doesn't give one an advantage over the standard trolling motors,...... or so all the guys with fans have been telling me??

Well, my reason is I'm tired of burning up a troller right before a tournament...then scrambling to repair/replace it.
Maybe a fan will make it through an entire season. ??? Stay tuned.

robow7 01-11-2010 02:11 PM

I keep thinking I might replace some of my halogen lights with the HPS lights for less drain on my genny but I continue to hear conflicting opinions and the cost would not be insignificant. Anyone have opinions or suggestions?