Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

any deer slayers

Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default any deer slayers

Are there any deer slayers out there? I know KBI-Prez shot a spike last week. Any one else?? I keep looking at my boat and sure would like to get out at least one more time. but just do not see it happening. Snuffy has been catching trout. he splits his days deer hunting and then trout fishing. Sure would like to see the farmers be able to get into the fields and get some of this corn down. Around my house there are all standing corn fields that are full of deer. We are finding very little sign in the woods. You would think that they would be turning on to oak' acorns but not around here yet. I sat on a white oak ridge all yesterday afternoon and did not see a deer.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Let's see.

Deadly Deb has taken two does. Lethal Louie has taken five does and 1 buck. Killer Kendall has taken a button buck. I only have one dinky doe to my credit so far.

I really haven't been able to get out as much as I like. K has been out there a lot. He passed up several small bucks and three does. (The does because there was a big ten pointer following them, but he never had a shot)
Old 10-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

This little guy entertained me on opening morning.

Making a little rub.

He actually ate a whole hickory nut! It was very crunchy.

He's smiling!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty cool. Glad to hear that some meat is hitting the freezer. I have yet to see any horns while on stand. Still too much standing corn around here. They are out cutting beans today.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I just got this from Jarad. Nice!!

Old 10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a picture of Louie's buck.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

nice, very nice. had a ten pointer that just couldn't follow the path that would have offered a perfect 15yard chip shot. He just had to stay about 3 yards the other side behind some saplings. So a few days later took out a doe and a button within 6 minutes of each other. Took the hearts, liver, a roast and a bag of burger to an older Indian woman. She'll be taking one of the hearts to their next ceremony.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer. That Jarad is on a tear. That is a dandy 8pt. Nice and heavy, Lou's is very nice also. Have not seen anything like those from the stand yet. Just a matter of time tho.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

everything jared killed this year is big!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

I've only killed one buck and a turkey this fall. It's been slow, but very enjoyable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.