HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/302286-uncle-daves-drill-grill.html)

Bowfisher5 09-01-2009 12:52 PM

Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill

September 12/13 5th Annual Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill at Lake Shelbyville Fun shoot, Big Gar format.

Fun shoot for the club at Wolf Creek boat ramp. Fish Fry provided by Dave and Joanne.

Fun shoot starts at 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM with fish fry as soon after the shoot as possible.

Trophy for the biggest and smallest gar. You will provide your own fish disposal.

$25 per boat load of shooters
The $25 will be broke down as follows:
$5 per boat to the club
$5 per boat to the biggest Gar
$5 per boat to the smallest Gar
$5 per boat to the biggest Carp
$5 per boat to the biggest Buff

4 chances to win $$ and help raise a few bucks for the club. This is a fun shoot so that is the reason for the low entry fee. After the fish fry we can have another round of shooting at night for those that are interested.

Come down and meet your fellow club members.

Dave R

Bowfisher5 09-01-2009 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bowfisher5 (Post 3426683)
September 12/13 5th Annual Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill at Lake Shelbyville Fun shoot, Big Gar format.

$25 per boat load of shooters
The $25 will be broke down as follows:
$5 per boat to the club
$5 per boat to the biggest Gar
$5 per boat to the smallest Gar
$5 per boat to the biggest Carp
$5 per boat to the biggest Buff

Dave R

That should read:
$5 per boat for the longest Gar

Dave R

deer_predator 09-01-2009 03:45 PM

I hope I am close enough to recovery for this one.....Hate to miss it!

Johnny b 09-01-2009 04:07 PM

Could be interesting if you can find some gar. They sure were not up yesterday.

gargone 09-01-2009 04:31 PM

what date is the drill and grill? sat. or sun. or both.

Bowfisher5 09-08-2009 12:20 PM

Drill and Grill

Originally Posted by gargone (Post 3426964)
what date is the drill and grill? sat. or sun. or both.

The day shoot is on Saturday as is the fish fry Saturday evening.

If you stick around after the fish fry there will most likely be alot of boats going out after dark for the nite-bite which will take you into SUnday AM. I would suspect there will be be a coffee can or hat to throw some money into for some big fish at night.

Dave R

deer_predator 09-08-2009 02:15 PM

:nonono2: unfortunately I am not going to be recovered enough to trust my self in the boat without falling in!...I am still on crutches and my first "official" therapy isn't untill tomorrow....

Hopefully we will make the Poole shoot.

Sorry folks

Chasin Tail 09-10-2009 04:09 PM

looks like team chasin tail wont make it either. Me and nate got forced to work this saturday even though we been workin 10's and 12's all week. Caterpillar sucks:mad:

Lowell H 09-11-2009 04:48 PM

I won't be able to make it either. Gotta work at John Deere tomorrow. Trying to get all the combines done before it is harvest time...

Johnny b 09-14-2009 04:42 AM

Well the shoot is in the history books. Run down was 6 boats showed up with one non-member boat. Their first tournament. Largest gar went to Jarrad Poole, Smallest gar to Chris one of the non members. Jake Harms shot the one and only buffalo. Christine and Snuffy had quite a time fighting back and forth on the largest Carp. Snuffy had it at 6.9. then christing brought one that was 6.13. All was final. then when snuffy was transfering his fish to my barrel for me to dispose of he found a larger one on the bottom and it weighed 7. Christine was grachious to let him enter it even tho weigh in was closed. KOOKOOS TO Sportman ship. As usual DAVE AND JOANNE Worked their butt's off putting on the shoot and cooking all the fish. Which was really good and that is coming from a guy who does not like fish. Over all the fishing was pretty slow. I spent all day chasing calm water. Funny how the wind can blow from every direction down on that lake. Jake shot the new state record shad. As of now shad are legal and none have been turned in. The only problem is we could not find a scale small enough to weight it. Over all Kendall and Christine shot the most gar and all from the same cove. They just sat and let them swim right up to them. I ran all over the lake and we only shot one. It was a very good time, and a big thank you to dave and joanne again for all their fine work...