Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
Rend Lake Gar-A-Thon I    August 30 >

Rend Lake Gar-A-Thon I August 30

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Rend Lake Gar-A-Thon I August 30

Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rend Lake Gar-A-Thon I August 30

Just finished signing the paper work for a day tournament at Rend on August 30th. Gar-A-Thon I. It will be a big gar shootout.

More details will follow.

Dave R
Old 07-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tourney on a Sunday?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

During the day on Sunday. There's a big bass tourney on Saturday so this was the day Dave could put on the shoot.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gar-A-Thon I

Originally Posted by deer_predator
Tourney on a Sunday?
Ken;
Maybe you would like to have the shoot on a Wednesday or Thursday? Just kidding. There are too few weekend days left that we could get a ramp at Rend and fish disposal. Some of us even have to work on Saturdays, so rather than not have another bowfishing tournament we are going to try and have one a mid day tourney on a Sunday. A lot of other fishing clubs have tournaments on a Sunday. The 15 entrants that had never shot a tournament at Carlyle expressed an interest in having another event down south. Some of those guys joined the Illinois Bowfishers Club and I want to get them off to a good start. They don't have lights on their boats yet so this will be a day shoot and you will be able to get home at a decent hour. Flier will be up in a day or two. You should be able to attend church in Benton before the event if you choose.

Dacve R
Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gar-A-Thon I

Illinois Bowfishers

GAR-A-THON I

A Big Gar Shoot Out

Sunday
August 30, 2009

Sailboat Harbor
Rend Lake

Registration Starts 8:00 A.M.
Tournament Runs 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

Entry Fee
Illinois Bowfishers Club Members $20
All Others $30
Optional Big Fish Pot $10 per boat

Last edited by Bowfisher5; 08-05-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gar-A-Thon I

The format is Biggest (Longest) Gar, Smallest Gar, Most Gar. An optional Big Fish pot of $10 per boat divided between the biggest carp and buff.

3 bows per boat if more than 3 people per boat. Which means if you only have 3 people on your team you can have as many backup bows as you want. If you bring the inlaws and neighbors and can legally get more than 3 on your boat you will be limited to 3 bows so only 3 people can shoot at one time.

Did I mention that the Illinois Bowfishers let young people 17 years and under shoot free with a paying adult.

Sunday was picked because of other date conflits with our club and the DNR only had this date available. Rather not have another bowfishing tournament in Southern Illinois I chose to go with it. There are a lot other fishing tournament on Sundays and this is our first. Some of our Illinois Bowfishers Club members, including me have to work on Saturdays. This a day tournament so you should be able to be home Sunday evening for supper.

Oh and you want have to take your fish home with you. Yes fish disposal will be provided.

Hope to see you all there.

Dave Randolph
Illinois Bowfishers
Tournament Director
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

i would really like to shoot this i have never shot a tourney and just got into bowfishing this year and love it. I don't have a boat that is ready for bowfishing. If anyone is going to shoot this and has an open spot on their boat and wouldnt mind if i joined let me know i think it would be awesome to meet new people
Old 08-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Spike

Wife and I are camping at N. Sandusky that weekend. If I can get the boat to the lake we might shoot this one.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Is anyone heading down to Rend on Saturday evening, the night before? A little early bird action?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Rend Lake Spillway last night.. me and KYJeepin07(BFC) shot 85 fish!!! 81 gar,2 silvers, and 2 buffs. The gar were up in the hundreds!!!

Dave. sorry I missed your call. What do you think about having a Walking Division? Also I'm not sure if I'll be there. we have a Big 20 shoot at the ky/bkly lakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.