Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 State Championship results... >

State Championship results...

Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

State Championship results...

Old 06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: State Championship results...

A big thanks to all the participants for coming to the shoot, you'rea great bunch!
A big shout out to Dave, Joanne for all the set up/tear down/tournament planningand of course all that cooking! Thanks to the Graves, Kendall, Deb and all of the folks helping! Of course thanks to the sponsors.
[Carpbusters.com, AMS, Muzzy, Cajun Archery, Firenock, River's Edge Productions, Illinois Outdoor News, Pine Ridge Archery, and Bowfishing Extreme. Thank you!]

It was cool to have Chief AJ showing us his new slingshots. I may have to get one to keep in the truck for the times I see carp and think "I wish I had my bow".

Glad to see Chase get some more BAA citation fish for his quest for junior bowfisherman of the year.

We didn't get a ton of fish but we did get enough to have fun... Deb got a big gar like she wanted....and yes we did get some Hammertime dancing in.

We took a creative route home. I tried napping and at some point I asked K where we were and he said he didn't know. I looked at the truck's compass and it said we were headed east. Well that's not right. He had turned onto I 72 in Decatur and we were nearly into Champaign. Ooops.

Thanks again everybody!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

A big thanks to all the participants for coming to the shoot, you'rea great bunch!
A big shout out to Dave, Joanne for all the set up/tear down/tournament planningand of course all that cooking! Thanks to the Graves, Kendall, Deb and all of the folks helping! Of course thanks to the sponsors.
[Carpbusters.com, AMS, Muzzy, Cajun Archery, Firenock, River's Edge Productions, Illinois Outdoor News, Pine Ridge Archery, and Bowfishing Extreme. Thank you!]

It was cool to have Chief AJ showing us his new slingshots. I may have to get one to keep in the truck for the times I see carp and think "I wish I had my bow".

Glad to see Chase get some more BAA citation fish for his quest for junior bowfisherman of the year.

We didn't get a ton of fish but we did get enough to have fun... Deb got a big gar like she wanted....and yes we did get some Hammertime dancing in.

We took a creative route home. I tried napping and at some point I asked K where we were and he said he didn't know. I looked at the truck's compass and it said we were headed east. Well that's not right. He had turned onto I 72 in Decatur and we were nearly into Champaign. Ooops.

Thanks again everybody!
haha..I bet Kendall was tired as well!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Christine how do you want us to post numbers? I know you have all the total carp numbers. I guess we should post our other fish numbers huh.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great event guys and girls.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Took a few pics on the boat at night. The HPS lights seem to cut right through the water and not leave a glare at all. I really like the lights just wish we would have seen more fish. It was a great time though. 1 of the lights never came on...... although it was working right before we left. Prolly came loose on the drive to the tourny. The only other thing that broke was Bigheads bow. It camme apart in a big way. He was standing at the front of the deck, Seen a carp and took a shot. All I heard was a loud pop and seen a arrow shoot straight up and towards my face. Kinda scary.... I thought we were supposed to shoot the fish not each other. But turns out the arrow rest broke off when he fired the bow and kinda dry fired it. When it dry fired it cracked the limbs and bigheads hand got smacked with the string somehow.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the lights..Carp Commander!!

Christine... me and you made the cover of a online magizine!...seriously http://www.chiefaj.com/national_slingshot_assocation.htm
Old 06-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't mention this when I posted it...

To my knowledge, this idea first belonged to Mike Mendenhall. It sure does look fitting on Ken's boat though...[:-]

Oops, Kendall on C's login.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

bump for Jerry.