Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Lake Carlyle Tournament May 16th >

Lake Carlyle Tournament May 16th

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Lake Carlyle Tournament May 16th

Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default Lake Carlyle Tournament May 16th

Coming up fast.

Let us know if you have any questions.

We will allow trailering. Tournament boundaries are themain lake. (spillway is off-limits for the tourney)

Flyer: http://www.illinoisbowfishers.com/carlyle09.pdf

Registration and weigh in at Coles Creek Boat Ramp.

This is a big 15 tournament. Weigh in your biggest 5 carp, 5 gar and 5 buffalo. Heaviest stringer wins.
Fish disposal provided.
Registration before event (starting at about 8:30am). Meeting and rules review at 9:30am.
Entry fee (per person) $30 for non-members, $20 for members. Age 17 and under shoot free with a paying adult.
Maximum of 3 shooters per team.
Option big fish pot entry fee $10 per team.
BAA sanctioned.

Participants will be able to go shoot the spillway after the event ends up until 11pm thanks to a special variance granted by the USACE.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lake Carlyle Tournament May 16th

Unfortunately we will not be able to make that one....
Old 05-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Directions to the Carlyle Classic Coles Creek Recreation Area

From Carlyle on route 50.....go east out of town about 3 miles till you see an implement dealer on your right. Turn left (North) at the implement dealer which is Boulder rd or 2500 east. Go about 1 1/2 miles till you get to Wiedle Rd which is 1600 North. Turn left and go about 1 mile to a "T" then turn right 1/4 mile then 1st left intoColes Creek area.The signs postedare not to bad.

From Sandoval at Rt 50 and 51....go west 3 1/2 miles to the implement dealer and turn right and follow above direction on boulder rd

Big parking lot at Coles Creek with 4 nice ramps.The water looked better than Clinton lake. I could see down about 2 foot in some places. Local baits shops said that guys are shooting lots of fish. Water is going over the damjust up to the banks at the splillway ramp where we will shoot fish after the tournament. The lake level will probably go down a bit if no morerain comes this mid week. The weekend forcast looks great for the tournament.

Dave R

Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like I will be at this one. We went and did some scouting Saturday and the water is a bit cloudly from all the rain but was not horrible. For some reason we hit just about every gar we shot at and couldnt hit a carp or buff to save our lives but we still pulled in a few fish.I at least have a job now so money is not a issue. Hopefully see you all there.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I've gotten about 8 calls now from local bowfishing guys who are planning on coming to the shoot. I've been picking their brains about the local honey holes.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have found 1 place that is good for gar and small buffs and carp. It was really weird the size difference between carlyle and horseshoe. I have only shot carlyle 2 times and dont really know where to go but the average size of what I shot was much smaller than horseshoe. Im sure there are nice size fish in the lake it was just weird we didnt see any.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

One of the guys I talked to said they were getting 40 lb + buffalo up in the grass a couple weeks ago. Said last week's cold front pushed 'em back down but he expects the bowfishing to be good this weekend.

Team Pokaho from KY is planning on coming over and I've gotten a couple calls from Missouri guys that want to come over. Should be a fun time with lots of new faces.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

We just passed through Springfield. Hopefully we'll be at the ramp by 8:30 am.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Kendall and I are working out our gameplan here at the KFC in Carlyle.... and giving the other teams a headstart.

We have 21 boats signed up and everybody seems pretty optomistic. It is windy and the water looks muddy tho'. I look forward to seeing what gets brought in at weigh in.

Type at you later... we have fish to shoot.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

21 teams!!! That's right. 21 Teams!!!!

If you weren't there, (and lots of you weren't ) Wow! A ton of new faces. Of the 21 less than half teams were club members before this shoot.

So if any of the folks that signed up get on here,

This is where the is.

Quick Reply: Lake Carlyle Tournament May 16th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.