Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Billy Davis some results

Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Billy Davis some results

I have pics just not of fish. I was to busy counting and hauling barrels I didnt even get a pic of a fish.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Spike

Please check the ~Billy Davis 2009~ thread!

Im adding more pics now...

Old 04-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

What a great time! Jarad and I had a lot of laughs and shot a few nice fish. Getting back to the marina was anadventure through all that rain. Scared the hell out of a rafter of roosting turkeys at about 0100.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

it was a awesome shoot. i have never seen fish up that good in all of my life. we shot 80% of our fish in about a 20 acer patch. and almost all of our fish could have easily been shot with a fan. the airboat wasnt running right after midnight so we had to quit shooting at 3:30 to load up fish and IDLE all the way from the north end of the lake. we found another team broke down about the resort and pulled them in with us. to those who missed it you problay missed the shoot of your life. i know i said that this would be a awesome shoot after scouting friday but it actualy wasnt half as good as it was friday night. that was unbelivable!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Spike

what a shoot !! it was good to see some old faces and some new ones.
I have never seen gar carp,buffs spawn at the same time. we were up close to the fan boats now i want a fan.
my son rob after looking at the pics he said he will be there next year.
thanks to everyone for all the hard work putting this shoot on and thanks to the davis family .
Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

over 2300 fish shot.
HOW MANY ?!!! HOLY CRAP !!!

Nice going, and congrats to everyone who could make it on some awesome fishin'.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

It was a great tourney even if we all got soaked. We got into fish pretty much right off the bat and probably got 90 of our 105 fish in a one and a half acre patch of water. We just kept going around and around and never really ran out of fish. There was a fan boat not too far off that covered just a couple ofacres of water for most of the night too.

I seriously have no time to try and upload photos right now. Plus I didn't take many, just too busy, that's why I hired Alicia to take pictures. She should have pictures up soon. (thanks Alicia)

There is a post with some pictures over on bowfishing country...
go here -->http://bow.fishingcountry.com/bfcforums/showthread.php?p=273481#post273481

I'll post more later when I get a bit caught up with work.

That was us Christine.. after talkin with kendall we knew it was us
Old 04-22-2009, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

I want to sincerely thank all the guys and gals who came to this tournament. You all were wonderful company and I appreciate how so many of you were eager to help out.

I got tired just watching all the guys slogging the fish barrels around. (well, I was already tired... but that made me even more so. )

Big boats, small boats and the walking shooters... it was great to see you all and I hope you had a good time.

I want to thank the DRBA for putting us on their schedule!
A big thank you to all of the door prize sponsors - Muzzy, AMS, Natural Predator (Tru-Carbon), Cajun, Firenock and Bowhunting.com.
Thanks to Kendall for making all the carp trophies and to Dave for the smallest gar trophies.

A huge thanks to Billy's family for keeping us well fed and most of all for sharing and celebrating the memory of Billy with us. We miss him dearly.

I hope to see all the participants again next year (or sooner!).

...as an added note.. Ken, Mark, Steve.... we (Team Java) would have so totally smoked you guys had you shown up... heh heh heh
Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

...as an added note.. Ken, Mark, Steve.... we (Team Java) would have so totally smoked you guys had you shown up... heh heh heh
OMG.....Dawson Lake Friday night....