Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Brass carp results

Old 04-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Brass carp results

Well, we ended up with 7 boats of which only 6 competed. The water conditions were very limited to say the least. Could see less than a foot usuallyjust a few inches. Not one gar was seen all night by any boat. Only one Buffalo was seen and it won big fish. Was a bit windy but was not too hard to find a cove to duck into and get out of it. Probably because of the front moving in, there just were very few fish. I Know my boat, we shot a carp right off the bat and did not boat another one for 4 hours later.
Results are: 1st. Brass Carp winning boat with 36.9 was Johnny b. Big fish 9.8 buffalo. I had Brian/ Ken Sharps parner with me.

2nd. Uncle Dave, Dave drew Christine and John ? who just joined and came with Dave. They had 27.1 and a 8.6 carp.

3rd. Kendall with Jarad Poole and Debra, with 17.1

4th Ken Sharp and Cliff with 13.8 and 7.9 carp

5th. Bill Russell and Lyle Henderson. Bill is our newest member (welcome Bill) 9.1 oz.

6th. Mike Mendahall and Robie with 3.6 pounds.

7th. Matt Clark and a couple of buddies showed up, but had to leave early and did not register.

Had lots of good food and as usuall, always a blast to get together.
I'll let Christine post the pictures.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brass carp results

Ken, Tell Brian that he left an arrow in the boat. I'll give it to him at the Billy Davis shoot in a couple of weeks. Cliff said that he enjoyed riding in your boat with you.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Johnny b

Ken, Tell Brian that he left an arrow in the boat. I'll give it to him at the Billy Davis shoot in a couple of weeks. Cliff said that he enjoyed riding in your boat with you.
Thanks John....We will get that at Rend.......Cliff was a pleasure.....

Congrats again, next time lets do it up here!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to Johnny and Brian. Way to go.

I thought we were having a tough time finding fish. But after hearing from everyone I guess our biggest problem was hitting 'em. [:@]Even so we didn't see any that would have rivaled Johnny's buff.

It was great to see everyone and can't wait for The Billy Davis Memorial Classic.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

While We are waiting on Christine to get up out of bed, I'll try my hand at posting a few pictures.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the most Highly prized traveling Brass Carp trophy, stays in Danville for one more year.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

YESSSSSSS! And so the Almighty Brass Carp stays where it belongs, back in D'Ville for another year. Nice going guys and gals.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Congrat's to Jonny B and Brian. This was my first tourny, and I had a blast! I've only been bowfishing for a month, and I'm hooked.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Aboard John! Just make sure you come to the State shoot where we actually shoot some fish. I've been told that even Christine hits a few that can count.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

You will want to make rend to if the weather is nice you can shoot a bunch of fish there

Quick Reply: Brass carp results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.