Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Progress

Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Progress

It's likea big ship. It's a big sealed box. A wave could roll right over the top of it and be just fine. Do you have any keels or strakes on your boat Luke? And how does it handle on the water? I don't think I'll make it to Rend. It's a 6 hour drive for me.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could make the fun shoot next Saturday. We all would love to see the maiden voyage. Steve could hold a spot light for you while you shot..lol
Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Mark;
The boat is looking fine. I am a little concerned about you welding just a few feet away from a gas tank. Can you move the gas tank a little farther away from your welding. Don't want to loose a club member.

My plate boat is a true flat bottom with no keel and it handles just fine. You should have no problems IMO.

Dave R

Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

mine is a true slick flatbottom and it handels good you just have to watch it at high speed turns or when you hit a big wave at high speeds. If you go to make a tight turn it wants to slide sideways then you are running 40 sideways with very little control same with big waves you tend to bounce around. It is one of those things that could be dangerous if you are not paying attention to what you are doing
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Johnny b
Steve could hold a spot light for you while you shot..lol
We've already done that once this year. Funny you would suggest it.

ORIGINAL: Bowfisher5

Mark;
The boat is looking fine. I am a little concerned about you welding just a few feet away from a gas tank. Can you move the gas tank a little farther away from your welding. Don't want to loose a club member.

Dave R

You know Dave,there were3 of us in the shop while he was doing it and none of us even noticed the gas tank till we looked at the pictures. And we had gas leaking a little bit too! I don't know how it didn't ignite.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

I was kind of chuckling to myself about the gas tank after looking at the pictures. That wouldn't have been the first time I accidently ignited a gas tank!

I'm not sure the boat will be ready by this weekend. I might go mount the outboard tonight though.

Thanks Luke and Dave for the reassurance of running a flat bottom. I've been wondering.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

That thing is lookin really slick guys.

You gonna have fish barrels up on the deck, or is there something else in the works?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Right now just fish barrels on the deck. Anybody have any other ideas? I thought about cutting open the boat and making some boxes that fit into the hull.

The outboard is now on the boat. The platform is welded and painted. I'll try to set it on tomorrow and perhaps throw up a picture. It's getting so close now that I'm ignoring all other responsibilities of life in order to finish it. I'm also selling any other toy I can think of to pay for this thing. My wife might be kicking me out soon. Anybody got a couch to crash on?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mark S

Right now just fish barrels on the deck. Anybody have any other ideas? I thought about cutting open the boat and making some boxes that fit into the hull.

The outboard is now on the boat. The platform is welded and painted. I'll try to set it on tomorrow and perhaps throw up a picture. It's getting so close now that I'm ignoring all other responsibilities of life in order to finish it. I'm also selling any other toy I can think of to pay for this thing. My wife might be kicking me out soon. Anybody got a couch to crash on?
Yep you can crash on my couch. I have been there dont worry push forward and finish the boat it will never leave you or kick you out.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Okay, she's starting to look like something now!

Quick Reply: Progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.