HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   09 Tourney Schedule (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/266753-09-tourney-schedule.html)

INDY BOYS 10-06-2008 06:11 PM

09 Tourney Schedule

was wanting to see if anything was being planned yet for the 09 season, we are starting to get reasdy for next year

Thanks,

HNI_Christine 10-06-2008 06:16 PM

RE: 09 Tourney Schedule

So far, third weekend of April (18-19)for the Billy Davis Memorial on Rend and June 13-14 for the State Shoot on Shelbyville (out of Wolf Creek if it's still open).

INDY BOYS 10-06-2008 06:29 PM

any word on numbers , big 20, divisions,etc. there was alot of talk about possibly changing a bunch of things earlier this year

Johnny b 10-07-2008 06:43 AM

Yep, we need to have a meeting to get some things sorted out. Hopefully next year will be better for shooting fish. Our numbers are way down for this year.

buffhntr 10-07-2008 07:22 AM

I dont really care what we do as long as we dont go to 2 seperate divisions. I think it would be a good idea to think about a big 10 or allow the sue of different ramps to help those with smaller outboards.Just my 2 cents

bowman15 10-07-2008 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Johnny b

Yep, we need to have a meeting to get some things sorted out. Hopefully next year will be better for shooting fish. Our numbers are way down for this year.
I agree.

My vote for a meeting would be any time after bow-season.

HNI_Christine 10-07-2008 02:53 PM

Actually, we need to have a meeting pretty soon. Dave and I were talking about how to do next year's tourneys and it really needs discussing with the board and any members that can make it to the meeting.

There are a couple of ideas to discuss. One is the big 10 for the State Shoot as Luke mentioned. (instead of big 25) This would even out the playing field a bit. Maybe moving dinner to right before dark instead of 5pm. 'Paying' out to more places with prizes instead of cash.

Also, we need nominations for the next club president and secretary. Anybody? Anybody?

Hopefully Dave will continue with his services as tourney director and JohnnyB will do the IB9C. Kendall is still doing our legislative liason business.

We have to discuss upcoming shows. Deer Classic. Fin and Feather expo.
Volunteer events such as the Two Rivers Fishing Fair, A kid's bowfishing tournament, Women in the Outdoors and the Trailblazers event.

We need to do something about the newsletter because I'm obviously having trouble with it. I'd like to have the club pay for part of some new software for publishing. (because everytime I mess with the newsletter, it takes a couple years off my life.) [:@]

Speaking of money. The club has several items to raffle off. At the meeting we can discuss timing of the raffle. I'm thinking of timing it with the deer classic for some of the items. Maybe the new Bowtech for a summer raffle?

Anybody up for meeting down by Monticello for a meeting anytime soon?

Also, feel free to let me know what ideas you have for the club. Thanks!

Johnny b 10-07-2008 02:57 PM

Just let us know when and where, the sooner the better. Monticello works for most of us.

Johnny b 10-09-2008 02:38 PM

Discussed the Big 10 format at length the other night with Luke. Sounds like it worth a try. Would be better than having two classes. Any one can luck into a nice fish like snuffy did two years back. But that can all be discussed at the meeting. Just my 2 cents...

deer_predator 10-10-2008 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Also, we need nominations for the next club president and secretary. Anybody? Anybody?

I WANT TO NOMINATE CHRISTINE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

Mark S 10-10-2008 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

Yeah, I think she'd be the best president ever! I second the nomination.

And I agree with having one division, but trying some different formats.

I'll probably have to attend the meeting "via satellite". I'm in full swing harvest mode until Thanksgiving.

robow7 10-11-2008 12:56 PM

Uncle Dave and I talked about thisat length and one thing that I would like to see remain the same is that the Billy Davis Memorial Shoot remain a total numbers shoot. That was Billy's favorite format, he was a shoot first, ask questions later, and rack up the numbers kind of kid. I also feel the State Tourney should remain a shoot that brings out the hardest working, best shooting most devoted team. If you go to a smaller numbered big fish shoot, such as a big 10 vs. a big 25 format, then luck starts playing into thecontest more than the ability, scouting andwork of the bowfishermen. And this comes from a guy who has never finished in the money even once at the State tourney since the beginning.I understand the frustration of trying to beat the fan boats under certain conditions. Just my 2 cents.

carpsniper 10-11-2008 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Mark S

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

Yeah, I think she'd be the best president ever! I second the nomination.

And I agree with having one division, but trying some different formats.

I'll probably have to attend the meeting "via satellite". I'm in full swing harvest mode until Thanksgiving.
Well I gotta agree with Mark there... But I think it would be a good idea for someone to give her a break. She's done a fantastic job. Kudos to her for leading this group to be one of, if not THE best bowfishing orginizations period.

That being said who will step up and give her a break? Before you say, "I'm too busy!", remember she's busy too. We all are. Each office serves a two year term. That means if each of us would take the office for one term, we have enough members to keep this thing going for over a hundred years. ;)

As for the meeting and formats... I don't really care which format we have. As my standings usually show, I come by more for the comaraderie. :D
The board(and anyone who cares to attend) probably should have a meeting to discuss the upcoming years business.

bowman15 10-11-2008 05:07 PM

Well as much as I think Christine is an awesome president, I'd like to nominate Alex. It was a toss-up for me between Alex and Dr. Rob, but Alex is my nomination for president. I think Rob would be a great secretary again, so I nominate him to consider keeping the position for another term. Christine's given it her all for 2 full years and it shows. Let's get someone else in there who's maybe got some different ideas (not that I don't agree with ANY of Christine's over the years. She's been absolutely excellent).

Alex has a great love of the sport and has a good head for organization. At least as far as I've seen. That's the impression I've gotten.

robow7 10-12-2008 08:52 AM

I appreciate the sentiment Steve, but after 5 years as Secretary, I will be giving it up at the end of this year. I've been asked to serve ona city sub-committeeover the next year and after having done this back in 99-01, I know what kind of time is involved. After this project is through, I would be more than happy to serve in whatever capacity is deemed most appropriate. I will still be involved and would be willing to help on the quarterly newsletter as needed.

Bowfisher5 10-12-2008 03:11 PM

We do need to set a dateASAP for working on next years Illininois Bowfishing Schedule.
If we do decide to reduce the number of fish shot for the State Championship I would like to see it reduced to a 12 or 15modified Big 12 or 15 being that you would have to turn in and even number fo fish as 4 carp, for gar and 4 buffs for a Big 12 and 5 eachfish for a big 15. This would make you have to work for your fish as we have done in the past State Shoots.
I sure would like to see some of our members step up to the plate and put on a tournament as did Matt Clarkat Shelbyville and Jered Poole at Clinton.
I would like to see a toruanment atsome other lakesso as toget some more members from different areas of the state as Caryle, Sangchris Lake between Springfield and Taylorville, and up in the Peoria Area at Banner Marsh, Rice or Anderson Lakes. Maybe even something in the Danville area areas where we have several members.

Bowfisher

Bowfisher5 10-23-2008 05:03 AM

TTT Any date yet posted????

robow7 10-23-2008 12:41 PM

Dave,
I've suggested a board meeting here in the next couple of weeks and hammer this out asap. What say ye?

Johnny b 10-23-2008 03:57 PM

Rob, I can make it allmost any time except for Next Friday night the 31.

carpsniper 10-24-2008 07:46 AM

Tell me when...

Johnny b 10-24-2008 11:51 AM

Howbt next Saturday evening Nov 1st?

Bowfisher5 10-24-2008 04:37 PM

Nov 1st, Sat evening would work for me. WHere?

Dave R

robow7 10-25-2008 08:31 AM

Either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon/evening would be fine. Let's do it

edit: Dave, I thought you might work on Saturday evening

carpsniper 10-27-2008 11:06 AM

So when and where?

robow7 10-27-2008 09:20 PM

If Uncle Dave is free Saturday evening then that would work best for me. I work until 3pm but am free after.

slim23 10-28-2008 02:45 AM

yeah when and where? is this gona be for election of officers? is this a officers only meeting? what all is on the agenda? me and luke were talking about making the trip...

robow7 10-28-2008 02:15 PM

Slim, all meetings (in my opinion) areopen to all. Please feel free to come up. The more the merrier as they say. Let's make it Saturday around 4:30 PM where we can have dinner. I would be more than happy to open upmy home if Danville is not too far out of the way, and if it is, then let'smake it more central.

buffhntr 10-29-2008 07:25 AM

what is on the agenda for the meeting?

HNI_Christine 10-29-2008 04:06 PM

No voting at this meeting. What I have on the agenda is just ideas for upcoming shows and shoots. We're still looking for nominees for President and Secretary.

Slim, did they mail the t-shirts?

Whirlpool 10-29-2008 04:44 PM

Christine you should pick the place. I would like to attend. Name a place and time. Saturday is almost here.

HNI_Christine 10-31-2008 07:07 AM

Well, how about we meet up at Blue Ridge Backwoods Archery at Monticello? They close at 5pm though so we'll either need to try and bribe Deb to stay late for us, or we need to go eat Chinese food or pizza and talk.

It's up to you guys. :)