HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   09 Tourney Schedule (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/266753-09-tourney-schedule.html)

INDY BOYS 10-06-2008 06:11 PM

09 Tourney Schedule

was wanting to see if anything was being planned yet for the 09 season, we are starting to get reasdy for next year

Thanks,

HNI_Christine 10-06-2008 06:16 PM

RE: 09 Tourney Schedule

So far, third weekend of April (18-19)for the Billy Davis Memorial on Rend and June 13-14 for the State Shoot on Shelbyville (out of Wolf Creek if it's still open).

INDY BOYS 10-06-2008 06:29 PM

any word on numbers , big 20, divisions,etc. there was alot of talk about possibly changing a bunch of things earlier this year

Johnny b 10-07-2008 06:43 AM

Yep, we need to have a meeting to get some things sorted out. Hopefully next year will be better for shooting fish. Our numbers are way down for this year.

buffhntr 10-07-2008 07:22 AM

I dont really care what we do as long as we dont go to 2 seperate divisions. I think it would be a good idea to think about a big 10 or allow the sue of different ramps to help those with smaller outboards.Just my 2 cents

bowman15 10-07-2008 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Johnny b

Yep, we need to have a meeting to get some things sorted out. Hopefully next year will be better for shooting fish. Our numbers are way down for this year.
I agree.

My vote for a meeting would be any time after bow-season.

HNI_Christine 10-07-2008 02:53 PM

Actually, we need to have a meeting pretty soon. Dave and I were talking about how to do next year's tourneys and it really needs discussing with the board and any members that can make it to the meeting.

There are a couple of ideas to discuss. One is the big 10 for the State Shoot as Luke mentioned. (instead of big 25) This would even out the playing field a bit. Maybe moving dinner to right before dark instead of 5pm. 'Paying' out to more places with prizes instead of cash.

Also, we need nominations for the next club president and secretary. Anybody? Anybody?

Hopefully Dave will continue with his services as tourney director and JohnnyB will do the IB9C. Kendall is still doing our legislative liason business.

We have to discuss upcoming shows. Deer Classic. Fin and Feather expo.
Volunteer events such as the Two Rivers Fishing Fair, A kid's bowfishing tournament, Women in the Outdoors and the Trailblazers event.

We need to do something about the newsletter because I'm obviously having trouble with it. I'd like to have the club pay for part of some new software for publishing. (because everytime I mess with the newsletter, it takes a couple years off my life.) [:@]

Speaking of money. The club has several items to raffle off. At the meeting we can discuss timing of the raffle. I'm thinking of timing it with the deer classic for some of the items. Maybe the new Bowtech for a summer raffle?

Anybody up for meeting down by Monticello for a meeting anytime soon?

Also, feel free to let me know what ideas you have for the club. Thanks!

Johnny b 10-07-2008 02:57 PM

Just let us know when and where, the sooner the better. Monticello works for most of us.

Johnny b 10-09-2008 02:38 PM

Discussed the Big 10 format at length the other night with Luke. Sounds like it worth a try. Would be better than having two classes. Any one can luck into a nice fish like snuffy did two years back. But that can all be discussed at the meeting. Just my 2 cents...

deer_predator 10-10-2008 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Also, we need nominations for the next club president and secretary. Anybody? Anybody?

I WANT TO NOMINATE CHRISTINE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!