Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

09 Tourney Schedule

Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 09 Tourney Schedule

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

I WANT TO NOMINATE CHRISTINE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!
Yeah, I think she'd be the best president ever! I second the nomination.

And I agree with having one division, but trying some different formats.

I'll probably have to attend the meeting "via satellite". I'm in full swing harvest mode until Thanksgiving.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Uncle Dave and I talked about thisat length and one thing that I would like to see remain the same is that the Billy Davis Memorial Shoot remain a total numbers shoot. That was Billy's favorite format, he was a shoot first, ask questions later, and rack up the numbers kind of kid. I also feel the State Tourney should remain a shoot that brings out the hardest working, best shooting most devoted team. If you go to a smaller numbered big fish shoot, such as a big 10 vs. a big 25 format, then luck starts playing into thecontest more than the ability, scouting andwork of the bowfishermen. And this comes from a guy who has never finished in the money even once at the State tourney since the beginning.I understand the frustration of trying to beat the fan boats under certain conditions. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mark S

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

I WANT TO NOMINATE CHRISTINE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!
Yeah, I think she'd be the best president ever! I second the nomination.

And I agree with having one division, but trying some different formats.

I'll probably have to attend the meeting "via satellite". I'm in full swing harvest mode until Thanksgiving.
Well I gotta agree with Mark there... But I think it would be a good idea for someone to give her a break. She's done a fantastic job. Kudos to her for leading this group to be one of, if not THE best bowfishing orginizations period.

That being said who will step up and give her a break? Before you say, "I'm too busy!", remember she's busy too. We all are. Each office serves a two year term. That means if each of us would take the office for one term, we have enough members to keep this thing going for over a hundred years.

As for the meeting and formats... I don't really care which format we have. As my standings usually show, I come by more for the comaraderie.
The board(and anyone who cares to attend) probably should have a meeting to discuss the upcoming years business.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well as much as I think Christine is an awesome president, I'd like to nominate Alex. It was a toss-up for me between Alex and Dr. Rob, but Alex is my nomination for president. I think Rob would be a great secretary again, so I nominate him to consider keeping the position for another term. Christine's given it her all for 2 full years and it shows. Let's get someone else in there who's maybe got some different ideas (not that I don't agree with ANY of Christine's over the years. She's been absolutely excellent).

Alex has a great love of the sport and has a good head for organization. At least as far as I've seen. That's the impression I've gotten.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I appreciate the sentiment Steve, but after 5 years as Secretary, I will be giving it up at the end of this year. I've been asked to serve ona city sub-committeeover the next year and after having done this back in 99-01, I know what kind of time is involved. After this project is through, I would be more than happy to serve in whatever capacity is deemed most appropriate. I will still be involved and would be willing to help on the quarterly newsletter as needed.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

We do need to set a dateASAP for working on next years Illininois Bowfishing Schedule.
If we do decide to reduce the number of fish shot for the State Championship I would like to see it reduced to a 12 or 15modified Big 12 or 15 being that you would have to turn in and even number fo fish as 4 carp, for gar and 4 buffs for a Big 12 and 5 eachfish for a big 15. This would make you have to work for your fish as we have done in the past State Shoots.
I sure would like to see some of our members step up to the plate and put on a tournament as did Matt Clarkat Shelbyville and Jered Poole at Clinton.
I would like to see a toruanment atsome other lakesso as toget some more members from different areas of the state as Caryle, Sangchris Lake between Springfield and Taylorville, and up in the Peoria Area at Banner Marsh, Rice or Anderson Lakes. Maybe even something in the Danville area areas where we have several members.

Bowfisher

Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

TTT Any date yet posted????
Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Dave,
I've suggested a board meeting here in the next couple of weeks and hammer this out asap. What say ye?
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I can make it allmost any time except for Next Friday night the 31.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me when...

Quick Reply: 09 Tourney Schedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.