Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Morine Viwe & wolf Creek State Park Closing >

Morine Viwe & wolf Creek State Park Closing

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Morine Viwe & wolf Creek State Park Closing

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Morine Viwe & wolf Creek State Park Closing

Moraine View State Park ,home of Dawson Lake which is open to bowfishing and Wolf Creek State Parkare closing Nov. 1. The State plans to close nearly 24 state parks because of budget cuts. Park entrances will be locked Nov. 1. People who venture into the parks after the closing could be charged with trespassing. Way to go Rod Blago. Mike Steffa have you got a complete list of the parks closings? What about Evergreen?

Bowfisher

Old 08-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Morine Viwe & wolf Creek State Park Closing

Hey Bowfisher,

According to the local paper the parks that are going to be closed as of November 1 are:

Castle Rock State Park
Lowden State Park
Hennepin Canal Parkway State Park
Illini State Park
Channahon Parkway State Park
Gebhard Woods State Park
Hidden Springs State Forrest
Kickapoo State Park
Moraine View State Park
Weldon Springs State Park
Wolf Creek State Park

This is according to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources....

Our Beloved Gov....Hot Rod can't touch Evergreen because it is a County Lake vs. a State Lake.

Ken
Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, Channahon and Gebhard Woods were right by me. Does this mean the officers in the those parks have lost their jobs?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

450 state employees are on the chopping block. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2995824

BTW, Blago recently said he thinks he's a great governor and isn't ruling out a third term. [:'(]
Old 08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

Yea, we're losing Kickapoo State Park as well, one of the few things we down staters near Danville have to improve the quality of life. They've cut it back already next to no employees or improvements and you can't believe the thousands of people that enjoy this large area. I am so pissed, I think Blago and I should go bowfishing some evening so I can drive home the point ! [:@]
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

You know there is a lot of things I miss about the hunting in Illinois. When I hear stories like this I am glad that I moved to Texas. They really do an awesome job managing the resources and the State Parks are beautiful. Sorry about what is happening up there. You need to get organized and throw out all of the Dems in the State Legislature and, especially, Blojo...
Old 08-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You ain't kidding David. First Blago, and then Obama and Clinton to choose from. The Dems don't have squat to offer anymore. Blago has done nothing good for this state as far as I've seen. What a waste of our money! I'm just glad he's warned us of a possible third term. Maybe we can keep that from happening.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

When I view the Illinois DNR state park website for East Central Illinois, they list 16 facilities. Of those 16they will be closing 5 of them along withone otherthat thoughit is listed asopen, for all practical purposeshas already closed. That's right, 5 of the 11 State Parks to be closed arein this district. How's that for fair and balanced within the state?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: robow7

I am so pissed, I think Blago and I should go bowfishing some evening so I can drive home the point ! [:@]
That's not a bad idea; maybe if we can show the GUVwhathe is closing he might reconsider. I'm not too crazy about McCain's running mate - she'd openall ofAlaskaup to exploitation.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: David Hughes
You need to get organized and throw out all of the Dems in the State Legislature and, especially, Blojo...
If only it were that easy...

Then again most of the GOP are just as bad. Look at our last Governor. Now in a prison cell, but at least he kept the state functioning.

Judd, you need to take another look at Governor Palin. JMO.

Quick Reply: Morine Viwe & wolf Creek State Park Closing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.