Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

State Shoot ?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: State Shoot ?

ORIGINAL: INDY BOYS

could someone please tell me why Airboats and Fans have a n advantage in a Big 25 shoot neverless when the lake is 15ft above summer pool ????

Also i beleive that a troller boat has been in the top 3 places in every tournament that has ever been held on this lake as well as others, even the national tournaments have been won time and time again without a fan or Airboat ....

just wondering ............... THANKS
Because they can get in the shallowest waters. The guys who did the best at Rend were pushing their boats into areas the trollers couldn't go. It's why we're all wanting to put fans on our boats.

But you're right; it shouldn't matter in a Big 25-format. Not too much...
Old 06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Having a big 25 format does even out the field. That is why trollers all like that format. Look at Snuffy last year. Him and Jake got into a couple of dandy Grassies and it helped put them to place. When the water is flooded it even makes it worse on trollers. We do not know what is under us. Where air and fans can just glide right over it. There has to be a reason why you have one. As you know you can get in places we can only look at and you can cover so much more water. It' just like Steve said we all cannot afford one. We still 'Love' you. I like shooting fish in what ever I can. You have to know that we all look up to you guys and you have always helped us out how ever you can. Did not mean to step on any toes...
Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

no problem here guys .... its just that sometimes i think that saying this drives people away from shoots because they think that they don't have a chance and that isn't at all true........ its all good
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Fan boats do have an advantage in many situations. Not all. Airboats have as many disadvantages as advantages.

Winning has more to do with work, luck and shooting ability than it does propulsion. We've had trollers finish in the top three of every tournament we've ever had.

I'd like to have a fanboat myself.... because I need all the help I can get.