HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Sunset Lake (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/243833-sunset-lake.html)

bowman15 04-25-2008 02:53 PM

Sunset Lake

Has anyone talked to the people at Sunset? I'm wanting to get over there with my little plastic boat and stick a few of those big grassies. If anyone wants to go, let's set a date or something and head over with some canoes or 'bobbers' or whatever you can carry or drag a short distance.

deer_predator 04-25-2008 03:04 PM

RE: Sunset Lake

I am game....I still have a little dog food left over from last year......Or should I say it is catfish food...LOL.....

I normally shoot off of the shore; however I wouldn't mind meeting up with you....

I get off work at 2, and can be there at 2:15 Monday through Friday....I work the West Bound Truck Weigh Station on 74 in Carlock...

deer_predator 05-20-2008 07:55 AM

I have a couple of people that live out there and they are watching for the "subs" surfacing.....If the weather doesn't get any warmer I don't think they will ever surface..LOL

carpkiller 05-21-2008 01:49 PM

it's warm enough I saw 3 of them in a pond that I fish.

deer_predator 05-22-2008 04:07 AM

Thanks Drew. I will have to get ahold of my contacts and see if they have been slackin off!!! LOL

deer_predator 05-27-2008 04:16 AM

OK enough is enough...I have yet to get a fish report from Sunset. So I am going to plan on hitting it a little bit tomorrow afternoon (5-28).

If anyone would be interested I should be out there around 1 or 2.

deer_predator 05-29-2008 04:17 AM

Well as usual Sunset Lake was a bust.....I got a total of 3 pokes at them (none of them close). I saw probably 4 or 5 Grassies and 2 or 3 commons. The lake was real murky with a visability of 6 inches. I tossed the dog food out and here come the catfish......Man, if this was KY I would have my freezer full! :D

Bulzeye 05-29-2008 06:54 AM

I know. Those catfish areinsane.
Some over 2 feet long....and very hungry.

I hope somebody who lives on that lake likes to catch them, or it sure would be a waste.

Hey Ken,
Were you shooting from shore again, or did you get out in the middle with a boat?

HNI_Christine 05-29-2008 07:37 AM

This is actually a ploy by the Sunset Lake Owners to get us bowfishers to feed their catfish for them. :D :D

deer_predator 05-29-2008 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

Hey Ken,
Were you shooting from shore again, or did you get out in the middle with a boat?

Yea, I was shooting from the shore. I just toss the dog food out and wait....It doesn't take long till they start to surface. You just have to pick through all of the catfish to find the carp.