Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 The Tournament...Pictures & Comments >

The Tournament...Pictures & Comments

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

The Tournament...Pictures & Comments

Old 04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Tournament...Pictures & Comments

Alex,[/align]I was sorry to hear about your motor/gas/water problems. I only heard about the genny not working but didn't realize all that you and Dave went thru to get everything up and going. Same thing happened to me several years ago, of course no fan but all the other motors and it was a royal pain in the a$$ to get things back to normal and took several days to get it corrected. I went back to the station to let themknow I wasn't happy and of course I wasn't the onlyone affected. Right after this the station closedand changed hands. [/align] I always enjoy whatyou guys bring to our events and wanted tothank you for securing the door prizes from Ron SkirvinShur Shot points, Cajun merchandise and all the other stuff. We reallydo appreciate it. [/align]Again, thanks for all your help and look forward to getting trounced by you guys in the near future.[/align]
Old 04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

I just realized that while I remembered most of the stuff that I needed to bring for the tourney.... I forgot to invite the fish. My bad.
sorry! []
Old 04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Just wanted to say what a great tourney eventhough the water and weatherconditions weren't the best. I can't thank my partners Mark Shipton and Drew Homan enough. What a great pair of guys to spend the evening with. Both were gentlemen and crack shots. Without them,we couldn't beginto get that Triton of Terror moved up near thered zoneon the terror danger alert. Heck, at $280 for second place, we ALMOST even paid for our gasoline.
(BTW, Christine I think we need a newupdatedalert chart

I want to thank all the sponsors for their generous donations and hope that many here will send them just a quick single sentence thank you if nothing else for their help in putting on the Billy Davis Memorial Tourney. Believe me, sponsors really do appreciate that. More photos and stuff to come later.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I think that was about the hardest I've ever worked to put fish in the boat! With conditions the way they were, I'm surprised at the amount we did shoot! Looking at all those pictures makes me feel cold again. I felt bad for the teams that drove a ways and didn't get to shoot a bunch of fish, including myself! But I'll keep coming back and I sure hope everyone else does too, because we'll probably never see those conditions again and I'm positive I can put over 200 fish in the boat there. That's right, I'm officially starting the smack talk for next year's shoot.

Thanks so muchto Billy's family for feeding us! That alone was worth the drive. Thanks Rob for giving me a spot onyour boat and for all your hard work putting us on fish! Thanks to all the sponsors and their great contributions.(Do we have a full list of the sponsors? I know there were a bunch.) And thanks to our club officials for making the shoot fun and organized at the same time!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

This is the only picture that I took the whole weekend. []

Our three door prize tables.

Billy Davis Memorial Bowfishing tournament sponsors:

Muzzy Products
AMS Bowfishing
Shure Shot Points
Backwater Bowfishing
Bowfishing Extreme
Thumper Custom Reels
Bigtime Bowfishing
AimLow Productions
Rivers Edge Productions
Cajun Archery
HuntingNet.Com

I'm probably forgetting somebody.

We also need to thank Mike Hooe, the IDNR staff at Rend Lake and the Army Corps of Engineers at Rend Lake. Thanks!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Well that was my first tournament..... even though we only pulled in 3 fish I had a good time and got to test out the boat. That was only the 2nd time it has ever been in the water since I have owned it. It was great to meet everyone and see all the boats. When we left rend me and my teammate jason went to horseshoe lake to do some scouting for when it opens to bowfishing. I couldnt believe my eyes. Seen several hundred gar and prolly a 30lb grass carp. All could have been taken by bow easy. So when it opens to shooters (May 1st)I hope to see some people out at horseshoe. If anyone would like any info on horseshoe get ahold of me. I would be glad to see some people out there shooting. I have only seen 1 other person bowfishing there and he was doing it from the banks. Its about a 2,800 acre lake that is loaded with carp, gar, bowfin and buffalo. Its all real shallow with lots of great shooting areas.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Just wanna say thanks to Illinois bowfishers, christine and all the sponsors, it was a great tourney and we enjoyed comin over to shoot with yall. Sorry we couldnt hang around long after the weigh in but turkey season started this morning here in MO and my crew was ready to get home and get ready to bag a bird. If you would have told us when we were coming in with our 27 fish that we were gonna be 4th I would have said you were crazy but apparently we were not the only ones that were having trouble finding fish. Just a thought, I checked the lake levels for Sat. night, right at Midnight the lake crested and started dropping. That is about the same time the fish dissapeared for us and some other teams. Hope we can come shoot with you guys again before the year is over
Old 04-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

a big thanks to all the sponsors. we all need to send them a thanks for all they done. I was glad to see so many new faces and rigs the sport is deffinatly growing. It was a tough night for us we just turned on the lights and bills new generator wouldnt pull the lights. rearanged the plugs no good. took a bulb out of all the series no good. killed the genny and blew alll the bulbs. drove back to the ramp and drove 45 min to my house to get my genny and spare bulbs. at 10:30 we put back in and went north. followed boat tracks in the weeds all the way north to the rail road tracks. still picked up a lot of fish by gettin out and pushin the boat even shallower than the fan would push us. headed back south and got a few more then started spot hoppin tryin to get a few but only got 3 in 3 hrs. gave up at 4:30.
Yeah its bills boat but i was drivin still. hes a little uncertain about the lake and where to go yet.
I couldnt help but think all night , In a month all this pushin a boat crap is over!!!! Can't wait to see if we can get 500 in one night with me bill alex and luke shootin in the new airboat
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Wooooo Hooooo id just like to add my 2 cents lol this tourny is growing and the competition is getting tougher way to go everyone i love it true the conditions were tough but at least in htis game everyone is dealt from the same deck of they're boat yuk yuk....Seriously though the meal was great as always and the friendships old and new are well worth losing a few hours of sleep anytime,,,,,good job to all who placed and hope everyone who had trouble gets it all worked out and hope to see everyone at the state shoot hope it grows as well........
Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for all the support guys and gals... we had some really bad luck the other nite ,but we should have been prepared anyways.....we always pack two gennys and got lazy this time ........... GREAT JOB TO ALL , you all once again put on a great shoot, nice to see everyone, just too bad i didn't getta talk with ya ll more , ...

see ya soon......... and remember keep your GAS DRY...............LOL

Quick Reply: The Tournament...Pictures & Comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.