Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Billy Davis Memorial roll call >

Billy Davis Memorial roll call

Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Billy Davis Memorial roll call

Old 04-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Billy Davis Memorial roll call

Well....I have changed from pencil to ink on the calendar....I will be there........

That is if I can find my way!!!! LOL.....
Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

there should be 10-15 boats is my guess. You can also get halogen work lights at lowes for 10$ each 60 dollars and you would be ready to go. you can also use power strips that way you dont have to wire the whole boat just make sure they stay out of the water.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mark S

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

Is there any tips to rend lake I should know??
Follow the Indy Boys.Andif this is your plan, bring a bigger barrel.Last year was my first time.We filled my 55 gallon barreland had to go back in the middle of the night to dump fish so we could keep shooting. Make getting a generator and a few halogen lights rigged up a #1 priority. You'll be very disappointedthat you have to stop shooting when you discover the 12 volt spotlights just don't cut it and you're batteries are dead.

And if you're running wide open in the dark and you know the trees are in front of you somewhere, but you're not quite sure how much farther ahead, shut the boat off.

That's some good advice right there. Especially about the Indy Boys. Man, those guys can find some fish! And hit em too!!

There's flooded timber towards the island and we almost raced right into it. Another 15-20 seconds and I think we'd have hit. We didn't have a light on the front. Just the nav. light. It was pretty dark that night. No moon. But this weekend the moon will be almost full on saturday-night, so that shouldn't be an issue. Unless it's over-cast.

BTW, as I said, we went north, and we should've did alot better than we did. We all three had a case of C.H.S. (can't-hit-$_it). I don't remember if we saw enough to win it, but we should have been a very close 3rd at least. Saw alot right away on the west-bank straight across from the launch right at dark. Could be different this year, but I'd start there if I were going.

We were pretty excited. That was all our maiden-voyage on that boat. Mark built it in about a week and we never got a chance to check it all out before that night. It rocked tho. And the whole rest of the shoot was awesome. Lots of great people. It sound like it's gonna be even better this year.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

But this weekend the moon will be almost full on saturday-night, so that shouldn't be an issue. Unless it's over-cast.

[/quote]

But remember the tourney is not until the 19th
Old 04-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

If we get warm weather there will be fish everywhere. I promise there will be fish on the north end. You should go up there this year bowman.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

But this weekend the moon will be almost full on saturday-night, so that shouldn't be an issue. Unless it's over-cast.

But remember the tourney is not until the 19th

I meant this weekend, this year, as opposed to last year's weekend. This weekend will be the half-moon.

I want to Luke, believe me. I think you guys are gonna clean house this year. I think it's gonna be alot more fish this year, and not only because there's more boats (I'm sure there's gonna be).I just got a feeling the planets are gonna align, dogs and cats are gonna lay down together and there's gonna be carp everywhere. I'm expecting there to be close to 2000 taken this year. Hell, if Mark and I were going, I would guarantee it!!

Seriously tho, I just got a feeling.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I hope you are right I think it will be very close this year. I think that the large number of fan boats will keep the water muddy on the north end and reduce the number it will take to win. I could be wrong but this is what I think
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

We're adding a third shooter. This may help our numbers, then again, it's the deer predator sohe may help us at all. hehheh
Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Is he your secret weapon? Im sure you will be dead on with that new bow Christine
Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

I hope he's our secret weapon.

I have yet to kill anything with the new bow. I've shot at a couple of pheasants and a couple of fish... but nada hits. (it's a little different than my old bow. Lighter, shorter draw, lighter, different rest, lighter, no glovs, lighter..)

I did take it outyesterday and practice with it. I was drilling every corn cob I shot at. If only we were shooting a corn cob numbers tourney. [&:]

Quick Reply: Billy Davis Memorial roll call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.