HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Deer Classic pictures (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/235145-deer-classic-pictures.html)

HNI_Christine 02-29-2008 05:48 PM

Deer Classic pictures

A huge thanks goes out to all the folks that helped us with the Illinois Bowfishers booth at the show!!

If you like deer, there were well over 600 set of antlers there. Some half decent ones too.

HNI_Christine 02-29-2008 05:49 PM

RE: Deer Classic pictues

Deer are nice but for us it was about bowfishing and friends. ;)

I never get tired of seeing kids faces when they see Keith Riehn's monster gar and
hearing "Whoa! Thats a BIGGGGG fish." Thanks to Keith for letting us use it again.

Team Indy Boys, from the left, Joseph Ewing, Luke Whitknack, and Alex Grable.

Jeremy Leu of Rivers Edge Productions and Campbells Outdoors on the left. Larry Sims Of
Rivers Edge Productions, Center, and Keith Riehn of Aim Low Productions on the right.

Booth Babes!

Mewith part of the Danville group. Cliff, Johnny B. and Snuffy.

HNI_Christine 02-29-2008 05:50 PM

This was the biggest group we could get together. It was kinda like herding cats.

This was partly the reason. The aisles were full almost constantly.

That didn't stop Glen Helgeland (Target Communications and Deer Classic owner) from finding us. Glen wrote the book 'Successful Bowfishing' back in 1984. It covered everything from carp to gator gar to stingrays and mola mola.

We we did get out to see some of the show ourselves thanks to all the great help. Here Kendall gets a chance to talk with Kevin Irons of the IL Natural history Survey about Asian carp and the news of his job being transfered to the U of I from the DNR.

Here Flint knapper Mark McDaniel uses an alligator gar scale we gave him to put the final edge on one of his heads.

HNI_Christine 02-29-2008 05:51 PM

We had a club meeting on Saturday after the show.

We discussed upcoming events, successful legislation, legislation we are watching and we ate lots and lots of pizza.

Can you tell that Joseph (slim23) misses bowfishing? These are the mechanical fish we use for our kids shooting booths.

HNI_Christine 02-29-2008 05:52 PM

A couple more deer..

There were two tables full of locked bucks.

Bulzeye 03-01-2008 07:43 PM

RE: Deer Classic pictures

I got some pics of the deer skeleton this year too.
Notice the shape of the foreleg and front shoulder. (for new deer hunters)

Also notice how the relative position of the shoulder and vitals change as the deer is viewed from above, quartering away and toward.

carpsniper 03-02-2008 08:32 AM

Good Pics. We can all learn from them. You need to bring them back out in September.

KBI-PREZ 03-02-2008 08:55 AM

Great turnout wish i had been there but the fish are are getting scared already....getting close