Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Drill -n- Grill roll call

Old 09-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drill -n- Grill roll call

Sorry Christine after talking to you yesterday, I was informed that I have a picnic to go to. Sorry
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to Ken for getting me out on a boat shooting fish, not only my first time from a boat but then my first time at night also. I've been shootin carp for about 3 years from the bank but that night stuff is pretty cool, even if you shoot like I do. Nice to meet the rest of youfolks that were there aswell.

Thanks again...

Shane
Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I posted this on Silo and don't have enough time to re type it so...

"Wow. What a fun time! Hunting, fishing, B.S.ing and eating, most of my favorites. I didn't get a chance to chase any squirrels, but Bulzeye did and came back with two. I didn't hear of any others bringing a squirrel back.
Dave "Bowfisher" Randolph set-up for the fish fry but had to leave early for work. Joanne took over and did a great job fixing fish and other goodies for us and the UBI'ers (Many of us are members of both groups)
Tim Nuss had more food. No one went away hungry.
We had the drawing for our annual raffle. Dave Thompson won the DVD's, Judd Piotrowski won the grab bag, Justin Sherman won the generator and Tim Nuss won the AMS FishHawk bow. Congratulations to the winners and a huge thank you to all those who helped support us by buying tickets or donating prizes.
As the light faded, we got ready to do some night fishing. We got a visit from the local CPO who wished us luck and gave us some pointers. I'm sorry I didn't get his name, but I'm sure we'll meet again.
Three boats set out with shooters looking for a big fish. David Hughes and Debra Knoff went with us. Snuffy took Scott Kelly and Chris Engstrom on his boat. And Ken Sharp took Shane Engelkes during the day and then again that night.
In the morning we counted 65 fish. Some of us were suffering from peripheral archery disease, or that count should have been a bunch more.
Now for the most important part. I witnessed a selfless act of generosity this weekend. As I said, Dave brought food for everyone, but that's not all. He also worked hard to get a new troller wired in to his boat ...so others could use it. He had hoped to fish when he got off work but was a bit too tired. Thanks to Dave and Joanne for making it a bunch of fun for all of us, and thanks to Tim Nuss for letting us piggyback on his event."
Old 09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks so much to Kendall and Christine for letting me shoot from their boat. I had an awesome time!! I hope after I move to Texas, Ya'll (Texas talk) will be able to come visit and maybe shoot some gator gar or 80lb buffs. I will probably be moving mid October and hope to be rigged with a boat by next spring. I will stay in touch via this forum and keep everyone posted about what is happening down there.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

David, you're always welcome.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mshane

Just wanted to say thanks to Ken for getting me out on a boat shooting fish, not only my first time from a boat but then my first time at night also. I've been shootin carp for about 3 years from the bank but that night stuff is pretty cool, even if you shoot like I do. Nice to meet the rest of youfolks that were there aswell.

Thanks again...

Shane
I was proud to have you on my "ship" er' dingy.....aaaaaa.....boat. If I could have only had you hammer more logs I think I would have got the best of ya.... . Hopefully next time we won't get overtaken by those HUGE waves that went over the rails .

I had allot of fun that night. You are more than welcome..

Ken
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

You just making it home now Ken? tee hee..

Old 09-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a great time, even if I did sleep in my car with some rouge mosquitoes buzzing my ears.
I had not met many of the UBI guys before this weekend, other than the IB members that belong to both groups. It turns out that we have a lot in common with a love of archery, hunting, fishing, and eating. Heck, a bunch of them even have their own bowfishing gear already.

It was a pleasure to meet and shoot with Scott Kelly. He got to take home the deer skull with an 8 point rack we found on the shore while fishing. Enjoy. We live close enough to each other that I believe I may have found a new shooting buddy close to home. We each know some spots that the other hasn't been to yet.

Shane (mshane) is a great story teller, and also gave me some pointers on the easy way to skin and gut my squirrels since they were my first ones. He actually got his hands dirty and did the first one himself as an example. Then I gave the bunch a good laugh by trying the second one myself with my own dull knife. The sharp ones work a wee bit better. I think I got about 8 instant offers to borrow knives.
Shane, thanks for the help, and for lending me those slick small game shears. I gotta get me some of those. They make quick work of those tree rats.

Got to know Tim Nuss a little better this time since we didn't have too much time to talk at the Deer Classic show back in Feb while helping at the kid's archery range. Great to spend time with you Tim. Congrats on the new bow.

I finally got to meet Ken Sharp too (deerpredator, belt buckle, hamburgler, etc). Good guy and lots of fun to talk with. Ken, I hope youcan get those cracked limbs replaced and tuned up before the deer season starts in a few weeks.

I also gotto meet David Hughes just before they hit the water. Good luck in Texas. When you get the bowfishing scoped out down there, we'll make a road trip for some big-uns. I love Texas -born there actually. Take care, and stay in touch.

I hope to see you all again soon.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Chris's tree rats.

Quick Reply: Drill -n- Grill roll call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.