HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Sangchris Shoot Anyone? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/194762-sangchris-shoot-anyone.html)

Bowfisher5 06-18-2007 11:39 AM

Sangchris Shoot Anyone?

Just wondering how many Bowfishers are shooting Sangchris?? Anyone interested in a little friendly competition some Friday or Saturday night? Maybe a five hour shoot,any format....heaviest single fish, Big 5, or most fish.Maybe $5 a shooter winner take all??? What do you think? Some of the club members has some informal shoots over at Clinton this year they where a lot of fun. Sangchis used to be my favorite place to shoot with all the clear water and lots of fish. Just widh they had some gar over there to shoot. Nice campground to.

Bowfisher

csgrizz 06-18-2007 02:53 PM

RE: Sangchris Shoot Anyone?

I'd be interested and I'm sure my pardner dukmn80would be too. It would just be a matter of availability for me.

sounds like fun

later,

CS

bowman15 06-18-2007 04:17 PM

?

robow7 06-18-2007 04:29 PM

Yea, would love to BUT, that darn 25 hp limit on the motor prevents me from playing. It's a shame they wouldn't let a fellow with a 50 hp just go No-wake, but otherwise, the lake is just too long to use a trolling motor only. I think it has about a billon miles of shoreline because of it's shape.

Rick S. 06-23-2007 08:32 PM

Yeah Robow, it would be nice to use the big motor to help get around, but just put in at the west ramp and start trolling north. You'll never stop shooting.[8D]

David Hughes 06-25-2007 02:32 PM

I could do a daylight shoot on my own. If you are wanting to shoot at night, I will have to tag along with someone who has lights. Either way I am in.

Dukmn80 06-25-2007 07:16 PM

I'm game. Just let me know when, and I'm sure I'll have at least another boat or two coming.

Rick S. 07-04-2007 04:54 PM

Finally made it out to Sangchris for a bit late this morning. I got to the water a little after 10 AM and walked the shore/waded the big bay west of the dam for about 2 1/2 hours. I can best describe it as a "target rich environment", esp along the shore parallel ro the road. Lots of ducks like to hang out there and duck crap seems to make good carp chum. Got probably a dozen or so with a few more pulloffs and plenty of misses and spooked fish. [8D]

With all the rain, the water level is up to full.

David Hughes 07-05-2007 09:27 AM

That is good to know, Rick. I went out to where we talked about the other day and got skunked. The fish were there but they were way up in the grass and it was to thick to get a shot. You could see the weeds moving but couldn't isolate any targets. Maybe I try next to the dam. Can you get in that bay with a canoe? Is it overgrown with lilly pads?

Dukmn80 07-05-2007 04:13 PM

David, That bay that Rick is talking about is loaded with pads, but there seems to be some open water on the inside of them. You could get a canoe out there, you'd have to drag it 100 yards from the parking lot, but you can do it. My crew has shot around 200 out of Sangcrist so far this year. We mainly fish on the East arm, but have had a few good shoots on the West side as well.