Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Shelbyville 5/12/

Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shelbyville 5/12/

Went down to shelbyville yesterday Saturday with KBI-prez and snuffy in shuffys boat. I had a newby in my boat. As robow7 said the water is really low. Most coves that we use to shoot in you cannot even get in. We did not run into any sand bar's but it was day light and not dark. It could be easly done. There is no weeds or grass at all. Just mud banks, and some logs and stumps. Only seen one buffalo, just a few gar. Largest carp out of 38 shot was 7#11 oz. Of course Snuffy had to shoot it an beat my carp by 7 oz. So he won big fish for the day, for the 3rd time. I do enjoy helping to buy his gas. Right at the boat dock we had the most unusual thing happen. At least I think so. Just as we pulled up to tie everything down a DNR game warden came over to talk to us. He was more interested in telling us where to go shoot some gar than checking us out. We all kept expecting him to ask for our licenses but never did. He did get on me for not having two of my batteries in boxes, and having our bows not cased up. Was the nicest Warden i have ever ran into. But I guess according to Christine and the DNR- we do not have to have our bows in cases while in the boat. According to him once the boat is out of the water they are not considered bowfishing bow's any more. So have to be cased.
Well any how, should be a fun shoot in june, but the numbers will probably be lower. The air boats will do better too. We could see fish several times with their backs out of the water, but could not get to them.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Spike

Default RE: Shelbyville 5/12/

"We could see fish several times with their backs out of the water, but could not get to them."

That's when you get outta the boat and start wading. [8D]
Old 05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be down in Shelbyville this weekend (5/18/07) to fish for bass and play golf with my non-bowfishing buddies. I, of course, will bring the gear and slip out to one of my favorite places at the south end of the lake. I'll let everybody know if conditions change.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:44 PM

went down friday night with my son rob and his buddy. we got 23 . 3 long nose gar. and 20 commons.
like jb said you can not get to them in the back of the coves. we were 20 yards away and in 6" of water.
my rest broke so I ran the troller and let the boys have fun this was the first time for his buddy and shot his first fish on the first shot.
talked to my bro and we are thinking aboutusing his boat and mine. so guess I just might have to out shoot him in june.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 AM

heading down to shelbyville tonight5/16 around 6:00pm will post how the fishing and the water level is. rained here last night. hopfuly lake will come up some.
the corps not letting much water out to hope and get the level up for all the boaters next weekend.
will be camping at wolfcreek 5/22 - 5/30 so if anyone want to have a littleprefish tourny Iam game.