Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Still can't quit

Old 12-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Still can't quit

Well ole Snuffy is out here at the house muzzle loader hunting. When he comes in we are headed down to Georgetown lake to give it a bit of a go. Just cannot let another beautiful altho a little chilie day get past us. The last two trips we seen a lot of fish, they are spooky and schooled up but they can be found. I'll let you know how we do....
Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Still can't quit

Good Luck!

I see next Friday the temp is supposed to be in the upper 50's. Might have to go chase fish then.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duhh, Can you believe that when we got to Georgetown lake it was competely frozen over. Ice was at least 1 1/2 thick. So we drove over to Clinton lake, and had a nice chilly boat ride. Snuffy did see one small carp duct under some ice. The water was clear, but no fish seen. not even any puff's. Took us 3 hours driving time there and back to spend1 3/4 hours on the water. But if you dont try you will never know. And yes next weekend does look better. there was some talk about heading to Shelbyville.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 PM

well Johny B. I think you need to equipt your boat with a chain saw and ice auger,some skids on the boat,and a harness for Pete so he can pull you around on the ice! You better get a harness for Bill and Snuff also, I'm not sure ol' Pete will get you to far!
Old 12-11-2006, 01:58 PM

better off at night this time of year.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tid bit Robin. I remember Robo and Dave went out last january and shot 77 at night down at clinton. We had been seeing them at georgetown lake just a week before during the day time. I love the color of the water this time of the year. Really, really clear. but nothing to see. Will try the lights next time. Although if it stays warm were talking of trying georgetown lake again on sat. it is suppose to be in the 50's.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Johnny B

I agree 100% with Robin about the night bowfishing this time of year. I shot fish last year twice in January with great results. You just have to watch the weather and hit the shallows when the wind is not blowing and shoot them under the lights. The carp will be there.
I bet Shelbyville would be awesome this time of year.

Bowfisher