Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Lake Sangchris

Old 05-26-2006, 06:39 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lake Sangchris

Kevin,

You and Austin should head up here June 10th. Not a lot of big carp, but plenty of small ones.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Spike

I went to Sangchris again today, Friday, after work for a couple of hours. Went to the big spillway bay west of the dam and waded. Didn't find many fish, but did manage to get three. I found more in the first small cove toward the dam.

Yeah, KC, the pads are starting to come on. This big bay was hot this time last year, but I haven't seen much action here this year, maybe due to the low water. Visibility is less, too. There is some good wading south of the west boat ramp, tho. Let me know when you're coming over. I'm sure I'll be there a good bit this weekend.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Ok rick ill add your 3 to hte fish count/.....
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Spike

Had some time this afternoonand Iheaded over to Sangchris again. Wind was strong from the south, so went to the west ramp as I could wade some coves there and get out of the wind. Waded a couple of spots and found nothing save for a young bass guarding his home turfand then headed into the second cove south of the ramp. It'sa big coveand the wind was hitting the shore as I worked my way down the northside. As I waded along, up to my knees, I thought about last summer when I walked the same sand, only then it was beach. And this time there wasn't a fish to be seen. About 100 yards along, I get to the bottom of the cove. It is protected from the wind here; the water is smooth and more clear, but still no fish. Soon tho, I notice a small smoke screen and follow it as it turns into a trail. The bow becomes a little more ready and the senses come back to alert. A few yards further on the trail and she appears out from a tree's shadow. I watch her as I close the distance a bit more and then she is off with my arrow. She swims a big circle on the end of my line, but I get her in and to the shore. An honest 26 inch common carp and my best fish from this lake. I continue my way along the lee side of the cove until I'm back in the wind again and then cut across a field tocheck another small cove. It is void of fish, too. Iknow dinner will be ready soon, so I take the easy way back to the truck across the field. So often on theseshort trips, I want to stay longer; just one more fish, but not today. It wasn't the outing I had earlier dreamed of, with lots of fish and shooting, but it left me very satisified. A good hunt, a successful stalk and shotand a nice fish that I worked for. Yeah, it feels good, and I leave happy.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the end that's what it's all about. We're out there to have fun. All the other stuff is just icing.

Have fun and be safe.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Spike

Headed over to Sangchris again this Friday and Sat. Waded friday PM around the west ramp area and shot 5. Saturday morning I tried out the big spillway area and got ten commons, including my first mirror carp. Once I saw the scales, I concentrated and made sure I got it. This is the only mirror I've seen at Sangchris.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Spike

The carp are still up on the banks in the morning. Csgrizz and I were at Sancrist yesterday and we managed to get 20 common carp with 5 more that pulled off. That brings my boat total to 47 carp on 4 trips to Sancrist. They are thick in there.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the boards Dukmn80!

Congrats on the fish!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Spike

Hi Dukmn. Glad to hear that you and CS are making it over to Sangchris. You're right, that lake is loaded with carp. Some spots do seem to be better than others, but they are everywhere andjust waiting for boaters and waders both. I'll keep an eye open for you when I'm there; darn few folks shooting this lake. Plenty of fish to go around, that's for sure. Rick
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Rick glad to see you broke your boat in, and not broke your boat, but that comes in time, ha-ha. I haven't been on that lake in years, will have to get down there sometime with garzzilla and see if we all can thin them out. See any Gar down there or Buffs? todd

Quick Reply: Lake Sangchris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.