Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Helicopter Hog hunting 1 HR NE of Dallas! >

Helicopter Hog hunting 1 HR NE of Dallas!

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Helicopter Hog hunting 1 HR NE of Dallas!

Old 07-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Spike

Default Helicopter Hog hunting 1 HR NE of Dallas!

Hey guys and gals, I'm Chris and I'm the owner of Skyhunter Outfitters. I'm a former OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Scout helicopter pilot and 13 year veteran. I'd just like to share with you guys some of our videos and invite you to like our facebook page and check out our website!

Here is our 2016 Top 10 Shots video (2017 Top 10 shots vid coming soon!):

Give us a follow over on Facebook, we're constantly posting videos and other news related to hunting and aviation!

https://www.facebook.com/skyhunteroutfitters/

Our website has a lot more videos and pictures:

https://sky-hunters.com

Happy hunting!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Please don't refer to what you're doing in a helicopter as hunting in any way, shape, or form! It's controlled vermin "shooting" and in no way should be represented as "hunting"! Shame on you and ones like you!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

No, it's not hunting and yes it is a valid form of pest control. But I wouldn't go so far as to shame them. Having been on many hog hunts with the old man and seeing the severe damage hogs do to their environment, I am 100% in favor of any legal method to take those hogs out. And you do have to kind of hunt them, then herd them with the chopper. Then it takes a pretty damn good shooter to take out running hogs from a moving chopper. This chopper hogs thing is something I really want to do one day. Looks like tons of fun and, if done properly, can put a ton of meat in the freezer in a very short time.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll shame them all I want when they refer to it on a website or any kind of advertising as "hunting" and that's why I used that phrase! That type of advertisement out all over the media calling it hunting does none of us any good when antis see that and it's represented as hunting of any type! For cripes sake, the guy actually calls his business "skyhunter outfitters"! PS: Their entire website represents it as "hunting" and they only want $2000 an hour, but wow, that can be split 50/50 by two people!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-16-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Fuel, chopper upkeep, and a seriously good pilot isn't cheap. And you want the best pilot you can get on a stick when doing what they do. Not to mention I am fairly positive their insurance rates are through the roof. So I would suspect the rates are pretty fair considering the operational costs.
I really don't give a rats pitute what the anti's think about it. When it's their property the hogs are tearing apart they can have a change of attitude. Just because it doesn't fit into your ideals doesn't make it wrong or bring shame to the hunting world. It's not like canned hunts. This takes a pretty fair amount of skill on both the pilot and shooters parts. I don't know if you have ever shot from a chopper. I have when training in the Marines. It's surely no bag of candy I'll tell you that.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Spike

Location: Far northern cali. In the mountains and far from any of the cities.

I've had eastern hunters tell me that shooting deer at 400 yards is not ethical hunting. Really??
Where we hunt in the west for mule deer you better be able to hit a standing deer at that distance.
The norms of hunting differ from area to area depending on state laws, the animals hunted and the type of country hunted.

I've also been told hound hunting for bear is not a fair and ethical hunt. After talking to that person for a few minutes I found out it was not allowed in his home state so he thought it was wrong.

Attitudes differ from place to place.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Fuel, chopper upkeep, and a seriously good pilot isn't cheap. And you want the best pilot you can get on a stick when doing what they do. Not to mention I am fairly positive their insurance rates are through the roof. So I would suspect the rates are pretty fair considering the operational costs.
I really don't give a rats pitute what the anti's think about it. When it's their property the hogs are tearing apart they can have a change of attitude. Just because it doesn't fit into your ideals doesn't make it wrong or bring shame to the hunting world. It's not like canned hunts. This takes a pretty fair amount of skill on both the pilot and shooters parts. I don't know if you have ever shot from a chopper. I have when training in the Marines. It's surely no bag of candy I'll tell you that.

Quit busting my chops man! I didn't say there was anything wrong with what they are doing and I know from over 20 years hunting in Texas what hogs can do, so you're not alone in your knowledge about them! The problem I have is them calling it HUNTING and even the name of his business when it's not hunting, but rather vermin control and a good way to do it at that! That's all---comprende?
Old 08-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Please don't refer to what you're doing in a helicopter as hunting in any way, shape, or form! It's controlled vermin "shooting" and in no way should be represented as "hunting"! Shame on you and ones like you!
I hate to break it to you but those of us that participate in this industry didn't name it "helicopter hog hunting" the public did. The program is governed by TPWD and is officially called Aerial wildlife and land management. But the public doesn't know that. Hope this helps you to understand why it is marketed the way it is.

Edit: You aren't shaming anyone, but you ARE making yourself look pretty dumb. Also, I'll name my business anything I please, if you don't like it... sorry for your luck.

Edit 2: individual in question is banned...

Last edited by SkyhunterOutfitters; 08-10-2017 at 11:52 AM.