Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Looking to sell Oregon preference points >

Looking to sell Oregon preference points

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Looking to sell Oregon preference points

Old 04-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

on a side note, I wonder if an aging parent/father should be able to donate their points to a son/daughter... perhaps more negative than positive with opening this can of worms...
Old 04-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Once an exception is made, you no longer have a rule or a regulation. I think your observation is correct, more negative than positive. I am guessing if there was a number of points that would start the clock ticking on the use of those points, it would stop the hoarding of points for the purpose of making money instead of the purpose of hunting hunting.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I am guessing if there was a number of points that would start the clock ticking on the use of those points, it would stop the hoarding of points for the purpose of making money instead of the purpose of hunting hunting.
Nobody should be able to sell a preference point to anyone else. I know in my native CO that is illegal. Points only apply to the hunter that put in for them and if they go a few years without using them or applying for a tag they go away. Selling them is just one more way to commercialize hunting and that does not bode well for the sport.

On a side note I'm reporting this thread to the mods since the OP is obviously trying to use the big game forum for financial gain, a violation of the rules.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

So how does it work , I'm guessing you can apply for hunts and get points or you just buy points and so many means you can hunt ? I've got relatives there but I don't know anything about the point system . I think it's a bad idea if you have to pay for points to hunt . Thank God I still have public lands that allow guys like me who think leases are over rated . Had some nice times at my lease and still keep it but public hunting has nice opportunitis for those who do the work
Old 04-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

This topic doesn't belong in the Big Game forum and has been moved to the Classified section. I have left a 1-day expiring notice of redirect in case anybody is trying to access the topic. When I get time, I will review it for legality. If anybody has specific knowledge on Oregon hunting laws one way or another, please PM me and do not post it in this topic.
CalHunter

Update: apparently this is legal under Oregon law (see partial relevant article quote and link below).

Michelle Dennehy, a spokeswoman for the wildlife division of the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the agency doesn't allow the sale or transfer of points, but "there is no prohibition in rule against joining a controlled hunt party application, or selling that."

Capt. Jeff Samuels, head of the Oregon State Police fish and wildlife division, agreed. "I am not aware of any prohibition against a person joining a controlled hunt party application with another person(s) whether for a fee or not," he wrote in reply to an emailed question.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...regons_bi.html

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-19-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

It may be legal, but IMHO it's just another negative aspect of hunting turning into an "industry", rather than what a lot of us "old timers" grew up knowing what the tradition of hunting really is.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
Nobody should be able to sell a preference point to anyone else. I know in my native CO that is illegal. Points only apply to the hunter that put in for them and if they go a few years without using them or applying for a tag they go away. Selling them is just one more way to commercialize hunting and that does not bode well for the sport.

On a side note I'm reporting this thread to the mods since the OP is obviously trying to use the big game forum for financial gain, a violation of the rules.
Good

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-20-2017 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Rule 8--2 strikes and a foul tip
Old 04-20-2017, 03:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by furgeson
Good

So flag got
did you want to purchase a spot and hunt in Oregon?
I'd cut my own arm off before I ever hunted with a ...Deleted by CalHunter... I seriously doubt you could keep up with me in the woods in the first place. What you are attempting is borderline illegal and unethical and I want no part of it or you.

This is the last post I make to you. You just got on a certain "list" that I won't mention.

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-20-2017 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Rule 8--2 strikes and a foul tip.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

I've edited 3 posts for both of you and a few in other topics for furgeson (regarding flags). In case either of you happens to be unaware of baseball rules, you're both one snarky post from getting a temp ban of a week. Unlike baseball, you only get one foul tip here. I suggest you both carefully consider your next few posts.
CalHunter
Old 04-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Spike

The man seems to have a good bit of time and money invested in his points. I'd be interested if I had access to hunting there. Good luck in selling them.