Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Where to book hunts online? >

Where to book hunts online?

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Where to book hunts online?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Spike

Default Where to book hunts online?

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone books hunting trips and if so how do you go about it?

I enjoy bow hunting the family farm and some public land hunting but occasionally want to hunt different animals and see different parts of the world.

Some of my frustrations with finding a hunt is having to go through google and look at individual sites and not sure if everything is as advertised. I don't want to spend 2,500 and get there and it doesn't match the pictures. Also a lot of my buddies don't have cash to drop on nice trips so referrals are hard to come by.

I have looked at bookyourhunt.com but the search is pretty weak and focuses it seems more on African hunts but does have some reviews. The rest are all agencies selling what seems to be the outfitter paying the highest commission.

www.bucketlistx.com is a startup that is working on solving this problem but they seem to be launching in late September 2017.

Thanks in advance ,
Michael
Old 02-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tmg033000
Hi All,

Just curious if anyone books hunting trips and if so how do you go about it?

I enjoy bow hunting the family farm and some public land hunting but occasionally want to hunt different animals and see different parts of the world.

Some of my frustrations with finding a hunt is having to go through google and look at individual sites and not sure if everything is as advertised. I don't want to spend 2,500 and get there and it doesn't match the pictures. Also a lot of my buddies don't have cash to drop on nice trips so referrals are hard to come by.

I have looked at bookyourhunt.com but the search is pretty weak and focuses it seems more on African hunts but does have some reviews. The rest are all agencies selling what seems to be the outfitter paying the highest commission.

www.bucketlistx.com is a startup that is working on solving this problem but they seem to be launching in late September 2017.

Thanks in advance ,
Michael
When I look for outfitters I go to hunters websites like Roger raglin outdoors and see who he sponsors and recommends. There is also a outfitter section here on this site but not sure if there vetted ? Ms
Old 02-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talk with hunters who have done the hunt I want to go on. Nothing better than word of mouth. There are booking agents, some trustworthy others not so much.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Spike

Thanks Gents! What hunters do you talk with, friends or other forum members or both?
Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tmg033000
Thanks Gents! What hunters do you talk with, friends or other forum members or both?
doesn't matter keep in mind unless you really know the person your asking for advise i wouldn't put all my confidence in it because everybody has a different outlook/opinion on things so one guy loves the way things went and the other doesn't question is who are you more like the guy who did or didn't ? do your research no matter what any one person say's
Old 02-09-2017, 02:03 PM
JW
Super Moderator

MIchaeal this post was moved to classified as you advertised a new booking company.

Advertising within the main topic forums is outside the scope of the HNI Rules.

The Classified section is a better fit and makes your topic legal.

JW
Old 02-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I speak with everyone I can. As an example, I was looking to take my daughter on a moose hunt. I spoke with friends who have gone on moose hunts, I posted questions on different forums, I went to sportsman shows and spoke with outfitters, and I spoke with booking agents. Once I narrowed it down, I check references and spoke with people who knew the outfitter. A long process but worth the effort.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Spike

One source for good first hand-info would be to join the closest local chapter of Safari Club International. Many members have extensive first hand knowledge of hunting opportunities in the U.S. and abroad and are more than willing to share their experiences.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Spike

Thanks Ramhunter71! I didn't think to look there. I like the forum community for this reason. I keep seeing advertisements for bookyourhunt.com and am curious what hunters think about a market place with reviews. I like the idea but it doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of traction. Any thoughts as to why?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:05 AM
Spike

Hi tmg033000,

We have received a few bookings via bookyourhunt and so far they have been very much on the ball and extremely helpful to both outfitters and clients.
As far as I know BYH only advertises those Outfitters which are members of certain Associations such as PHASA (Professional Hunters Association of South Africa). Like I said so far our dealings with them have been very good.
As most have already said, it's about references, reviews and being able to chat face to face with Outfitters that makes the difference. The same can be said about booking agents.
IMO the stage you are at now is by far the most important of any hunting trip. Take the time do the research and contact the references so you are 100% happy and satisfied in your choice of Outfitter.
We have done numerous Skype, Face Time and even taken calls at 3am to speak with potential clients.

All the best on your search.