Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Trophy Red Stag hunt Swap for Cheap price on SCAR 17 >

Trophy Red Stag hunt Swap for Cheap price on SCAR 17

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Trophy Red Stag hunt Swap for Cheap price on SCAR 17

Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Spike

Default Trophy Red Stag hunt Swap for Cheap price on SCAR 17

Hi there,I have been watching this forum for many months while I was saving up for a brand new SCAR 17.
Obviously with the hysteria recently prices have gone crazy and now I am struggling to justify the cost.
What I figured was I may be able to offer someone with a brand new SCAR 17 in black, a free trophy Red Stag hunt here in NZ in return for the opportunity to purchase the rifle for a reasonable price.
Here are the details of the hunt on offer...Hunt will take place in New Zealand and all costs in NZ will be covered including the trophy fee. You just have to get yourself to Auckland, NZ.The hunt will take place anytime from the second week in April, till the end of April which is the Roar for red stags in NZ. So the best time!If anyone is interested in this deal which quite frankly is a bargain, let me know!
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Trophy Red Stag hunt Swap for Cheap price on SCAR 17-me-15-sml.jpg  

Last edited by INOV8A; 01-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Oh I wish I had one to! I'd love to make that hunt!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

sorry to tell you this but there are certain guns that the US dept of homeland security will not allow it to be exported. the scar 17 was offered in canada for several months till they shut down the exportation world wide. the remington acr is in the same boat. the reason being, is that the us government doesnt want their soldiers being killed by american gear. honestly i cant blame them. this is why some certain types of ammo in certain chambers that are perfectly legal in some countries cannot be found outside the US (american made ap for example). if you can get past homeland security you will then have to deal with itar. it basically shuts down all private sales of firearms between perfectly legal law abiding citizens and only allows large stores and distributers to move firearm and firearm related gear.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by dylan_b
sorry to tell you this but there are certain guns that the US dept of homeland security will not allow it to be exported. the scar 17 was offered in canada for several months till they shut down the exportation world wide. the remington acr is in the same boat. the reason being, is that the us government doesnt want their soldiers being killed by american gear. honestly i cant blame them. this is why some certain types of ammo in certain chambers that are perfectly legal in some countries cannot be found outside the US (american made ap for example). if you can get past homeland security you will then have to deal with itar. it basically shuts down all private sales of firearms between perfectly legal law abiding citizens and only allows large stores and distributers to move firearm and firearm related gear.
Thanks Dylan,

I'm sure we can manage something with it.
I have a special licence here in NZ which would allow me to import one for theatrical reasons. For example Avatar 2 is likely to be shot here at the end of the year and the Scar 17s could form the platform for a futurisic looking weapon to be used, often this is a way to circumvent State Dept rules.
I was also speaking last week to a friend who is quite high up in the NZ military logistics and he mentioned they looked into the Scar 17 for our troops, but they settled on an LMT rifle. Surely if the State dept didn't allow them to be sold outside of the US then they would never have been an option for the NZ military?
Its worth a try regardless.
Cheers