Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
IMB Outfitters in Ohio >

IMB Outfitters in Ohio

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

IMB Outfitters in Ohio

Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Something doesn't mak sense. If you started hunting with them in 2010 how did you get three seasons in with them?Sounds a little fishy.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Spike

Default IMB outfitters Illinois

I am a new member to this sit but I am always browsing for reviews of outfitters. I hunted with IMB in Illinois for 5 days in November of last year. Here's my experience:
The lodge is beautiful. 3 separate buildings so it doesn't feel like u are crammed into one place. I believe there was only 17 hunters in camp while my buddy and I were there, and about 6 guides. That worked out to be 3 hunters per guide. These guys worked their rear ends off. Tyler is who runs the Illinois camp and is a great guy. He kept tight records on who hunted where and when so no stand was over hunted. Every night after the guides sat with Tyler to confirm placement of the hunters due to wind and times the stand has been sat, the guides come out, sit with u at the dinner table and show u exactly where u will be sitting and what to possibly expect. The had detailed topo maps of all their leases, and they have a lot, which displayed every stand location and how u would enter. They had pics of recent bucks that trail cams picked up, just to show u what could possibly come ur way. The guide drove us every morning to the land. I always walked out by myself to reduce scent and each trail was clearing marked. Constant contact was kept with the guide via text messages. If u felt confident u could sit all day. If something didn't seem right like the wind changed or u haven't seen movement u could be relocated. Each stand I sat seemed to be in a great location.
Unfortunately the weather wasn't on our side. It was warm for 4 out of 5 days and a bit windy. I saw plenty of smaller to decent bucks and 4 shooters. But they were in lock down and none of the 4 would come in to visit. By buddy had two close encounters on top of the multiple shooter sittings. He had a shot at a 160 but hit a limb. They tracked but blood ended and unfortunately we both left empty handed. So goes bowhunting. Never once was I garanteed to bring home a trophy but I was told id see them, and I did. Let's face it, that's hunting. We all go days without seeing a deer and days where it's non stop.
Food at the lodge was great along with the accommodations. The owners of the lodge are wonderful, and IMB are the only ones there during hunting season. We have already rebooked for this November. Just being there once makes u want to return to see what might pop out.
I can't speak for their other locations since I've only hunted Illinois, but I'm sure they are just as great. Like I said, Tyler works his tail off to get u on deer. I could see him visibly frustrated since the weather was so unfair. He is a young hard worker and will do what it takes to make u enjoy ur trip.
Feel free to contact me if you'd like an even more detailed description.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Spike

Not sure about Ohio but you can read my posts from my past three years of experiencing IMB in Missouri and Illinois. The posts in this section appear to be from guys promoting themselves leaving links, etc.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Spike

Guess I didnt mention great experience and can only assume Ohio operation is as good as the 2 I have visited.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Spike

Http://www.imbmonsterbucks.com/the-t...g-reviews.html